OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lonzo Trice Black Acrylic Slate

Started by hunter22, April 20, 2016, 08:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter22

Curious what strikers you are using on your Lonzo Black Acrylic slate?

yelpy

Wish I had one.. Lon is not making calls or taking orders until 5/15 so I had to wait.

Spitten and drummen

I run a bill lyman snakewood on mine.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

yelpy

hunter22

Bill's Snakewood runs on everything I have tried it on. I am running a 3-piece Fowler Gabon Ebony that also sounds really good.

Spitten and drummen

yeah bill will sell you a striker. he has a list and im not sure that he is turning anymore right now. the snakewood is a costly striker but it sounds great on several calls. you can contact him on here. he goes by callmaker I believe. someone can correct me if that is  incorrect. its definitely a striker worth owning.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Bowguy

Either Dymondwood or Fowler Snakewood

yelpy

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on April 21, 2016, 08:23:43 AM
yeah bill will sell you a striker. he has a list and im not sure that he is turning anymore right now. the snakewood is a costly striker but it sounds great on several calls. you can contact him on here. he goes by callmaker I believe. someone can correct me if that is  incorrect. its definitely a striker worth owning.

Thank you!!!!

hunter22

Thanks to recommendations on here I tried a Bill Lyman Yellowheart striker on the Lonzo black acrylic slate and it was a match made in heaven. I get a little higher pitched sound with good rasp with the YH.

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"