OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Aluminum call recommendation

Started by skimerhorn, April 12, 2016, 10:23:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goblr77

Dawkins and Trice are the best aluminums I've run. Lonnie Mabry makes a fine sounding aluminum pot as well.

Matt / PA

I have a few good aluminum pots but keep going back to this one.......It's an absolute steal for $35

Silver Fox by Al Holbert

There is a basic pot call demonstration video on this link but if you watch the whole thing it works as a pretty good sound file to get an idea how it runs.

http://www.enticerturkeycalls.com/shop/turkey-calls/silver-fox-the-ultimate-aluminum/

goblr77

Quote from: Matt / PA on April 14, 2016, 03:45:29 PM
I have a few good aluminum pots but keep going back to this one.......It's an absolute steal for $35

Silver Fox by Al Holbert

There is a basic pot call demonstration video on this link but if you watch the whole thing it works as a pretty good sound file to get an idea how it runs.

http://www.enticerturkeycalls.com/shop/turkey-calls/silver-fox-the-ultimate-aluminum/

His Silver Thunder Extreme is a good one as well. You can purr on the back of that pot.

grayfox

Quote from: goblr77 on April 14, 2016, 04:47:57 PM

Silver Fox by Al Holbert

His Silver Thunder Extreme is a good one as well. You can purr on the back of that pot.

Silver Thunder Extreme is one of my favorites also. I also like Spring Allure Calls by Ricky Padgett. He makes a good sounding aluminum call. Don't rule out Gary's aluminum calls from Magnolia Calls. He made me a double side that will run with the best in my opinion. Lots of choices from great call makers.

Txag12

I LOVE my trice tumbled, it's the best sounding call in my Arsenal to my ears. Highly recommended. Only thing I don't like is the tumbled finish will not last, same with the Dawkins stoned...they have to be conditioned which is fine, but it's not a surface that will be just like it was new. That said it still sounds awesome, just appears to fowl up the striker tip more

Popapi

Quote from: goblr77 on April 14, 2016, 04:47:57 PM

Silver Fox by Al Holbert

Silver thunder is AMAZING!

Snoodsniper

I have a Yingling aluminum in zebrawood that I wouldn't trade for anything. Mike's a great guy to do business with and a hell of a call builder.

Jroddc

Also a Schaffer aluminum over aluminum in a Sapele pot is a killer

Bowguy

Quote from: Jroddc on May 04, 2016, 01:50:05 PM
Also a Schaffer aluminum over aluminum in a Sapele pot is a killer
I second that had the call only a couple days n the first birds I worked w it came right in.

KansasGobbler

All the calls mentioned will put birds in the back of the truck...I really took a great liking to the Al Hobert Silver Thunder Extreme this season...most versatile pot call I've ever used....and the toms like it as well :newmascot:

Smooth_Operator

I own both the Dawkins Stoned Aluminum in plastic pot and the Lonzo Tumbled Aluminum in black acrylic. They are both neck and neck for my favorite, both sound very similar and both are great. My other favorite is my Tim Sandford green anodized aluminum in a spalted black oak pot, I've rubbed the anodized off of one section and get two different sounds in one pot and runs as easy as any anodized I've owned...

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."