only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Aluminum call recommendation

Started by skimerhorn, April 12, 2016, 10:23:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skimerhorn

Anybody on here have a recommendation for a good aluminum call

boatpaddle

Darrin Dawkins crushed aluminum in his plastic pot....

Mark Cornelious aluminum over glass...
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

Jroddc

Dawkins stoned aluminum in plastic
SS aluminum in Padauk
Mac aluminum in red heart or walnut

MikeStaten

I've not played the Dawkins but that one seems to be a favorite.  Of the aluminum calls that I have.  These are the top ones.  All sound great but different.

Schaffer Atomic 13
Lonzo Acrylic Aluminum
Hanks Maple Aluminum
Mabry Aluminum

hunter22

Dawkins stoned aluminum
Lon Trice acrylic anodized
Lyman Ebony bare aluminum

mote1977

Halloran anodized
Yingling blasted/sanded

wvmntnhick

Quote from: mote1977 on April 12, 2016, 12:08:30 PM
Halloran anodized
Yingling blasted/sanded

While I've not used several of the others posted above, I've got a Yingling aluminum and my Halloran should be here within the next couple days. Mikes stuff has enough rasp to it that I'd bet you could pull a poult off a hen if you scatter a flock in the fall. Im sure that many of the calls listed above are great calls but there's something about the way the Yingling stuff sounds to me. Just has that sound I'm looking for and they are extremely easy runners. Heck, had my nephew playing with one a couple weeks ago. He'd never picked one up before but had it going and sounding good in less than 10 minutes. It was pretty cool.

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Triple B

My best aluminum by far, Bill Lyman Wenge aluminum. I personally don't care for anodized surfaces in aluminum pot calls. Bill builds a great one, that is not anodized.Again that's just me...

Strick9

Not to steer you away from something you have your mind set on but I would look at Titanium as it "in my ear" sounds better and also it requires less conditioning and doesn't foul up your striker as much as Aluminum in my opinion , not speaking to anodized at least.
LowCountryWildlifeManagement
Knowing Wildlife beyond Science
Genesis 9;2

Spitten and drummen

Dawkins stoned aluminum in a plastic pot and Paul platz cherry. I also have a stoned aluminum in black acrylic pot coming from lon trice. That stoned aluminum is awsome. Grips good with very little to no  slip.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Stump.270

Lonzo yelloheart anodized
Jeff graham amazique
Mad Matt van cise aluminator I have sound files posted of these calls in the sound file section

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scoot12

Calls that have been mentioned are great.  I would like to add Adam Proutys padauk and yellowheart laminate slightly bead blasted aluminum to the mix.   It is so close to Pauls cherry aluminum and I love the slightly bead blasted stuff.  Scoot

Bowguy

I agree w the calls mentioned n would like to add two more. Mac's walnut or redheart aluminum or Dawkins walnut anondized.

Hunter1979

Quote from: Triple B on April 12, 2016, 03:17:59 PM
My best aluminum by far, Bill Lyman Wenge aluminum. I personally don't care for anodized surfaces in aluminum pot calls. Bill builds a great one, that is not anodized.Again that's just me...
I have the same call.  It will be in my vest for sure. I'm waiting on a Dawkins aluminum and would like to get a Titanium call. I'm not sure if either will be able to beat this call, but it will be fun finding out!