turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

olin humpries

Started by Spitten and drummen, February 12, 2016, 09:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

At the convention , I met a call maker from ga. Named olin humphries. It's strange that his name has not came up on here before . At least I hadn't heard of him anywhere. Well he has won alot of awards in the past and I spent a little time at his booth running his pot calls. I picked up a aluminum , bronze glass , ceramic and a slate. All 2 siders. His pots sound fantastic , especially the ceramic. I will say I own a ton of calls and these rank up there. His strikers run great. The ceramic is the best that I have ever ran and I have ran a bunch. So many that I had decided that I just didn't care for that surface. That changed today as these calls will see the woods this year. Just couldn't figure out why he is never mentioned on here.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

eorlando

Spitten and drummen

I will post some when I get home sunday.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

outdoors

DOES HE HAVE A CONTACT........
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Spitten and drummen

He has a website. Google his name and it will come up. In my opinion , he is definately worth checking out.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

gatrkyhntr70

I know Olin; In my opinion he's a great call maker and just isn't publicly known amongst alot of hunters.Your right about his ceramic pots. I've bought several from top call makers and was never satisfied but suprised after running Olin's. Did you meet Billy Kirk at Olin's booth?
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

KentuckyHeadhunter

He makes good scratchers too.  He was at Unicoi and has many fine calls.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: gatrkyhntr70 on February 13, 2016, 09:30:37 AM
I know Olin; In my opinion he's a great call maker and just isn't publicly known amongst alot of hunters.Your right about his ceramic pots. I've bought several from top call makers and was never satisfied but suprised after running Olin's. Did you meet Billy Kirk at Olin's booth?
I did. Talked to him a good bit. He was a nice guy. He kept pulling calls out that he had put back for me to play. Wife told him to quit because I'm a call addict lol. Very impressed with his calls.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

gatrkyhntr70

Billy is a buddy of mine too; around here we call him the Walton county turkey thug.Good fellas glad you had a chance to meet them.
Quote from: Spitten and drummen on February 13, 2016, 01:13:10 PM
I did. Talked to him a good bit. He was a nice guy. He kept pulling calls out that he had put back for me to play. Wife told him to quit because I'm a call addict lol. Very impressed with his calls.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

jjnfla

That man makes a fine call..not a lot mentioned about him his glass pots rock..

Team Bucky

Here's Billy and Olin at Perry. Ga. show. Great guys and Olin is a classic gentleman who makes amazing calls. I own two slates a scratch box and a trough call. He just got on Facebook check him out. There are several video's showing his calls and skills.

Swather

Olin lives near Eatonton, in Putnam County, GA.  That is out I-20 to the east of Atlanta and in what I guess you'd call east central GA.

One of my hunting pards knows Olin pretty well and uses his calls.

Olin's website is not very good compared to many, but it exists.

http://olinscustomcalls.com/contact.html?m

Swather

.Your right about his ceramic pots. I've bought several from top call makers and was never satisfied but suprised after running Olin's.

Have you had one of Stumpy's ceramic calls?  I have one on "loan" from a hunting pard that is acquainted with Chad and have been running hard strikers on it.  I never had much interest in ceramic but it has been remarkable how many birds that pot and the striker choices I stumbled across have called in.