turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

First time for everything

Started by Hookhunter, April 16, 2012, 01:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runngun

The statement is "self righteous" ? I don't think so!!!!
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

pullit

Sorry to hear about your miss, but look at it like catch and release ::)

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: runngun on April 16, 2012, 03:38:00 PM
The statement is "self righteous" ? I don't think so!!!!

Ok since self righteous doesn't fit for you, how about presumptuous?
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

BigGobbler

MIGHTY JOE I bet there all head shots too. Sounds like turkeyburger. LOL

Clif Owen

I know a guy that got to razzing someone he was hunting with about missing a deer with buckshot (at the time; D had killed about 20 and never missed). His dad told him he might be in the same boat one day and withall the over-confidence of youth kept razzing. Well, long story short..he missed 3 different deer the next morning. Not 3 running together..3 seperate occasions at 3 different bucks. It happens....

Hookhunter

Mightyjoe,
No harm no foul, I see where you are comin from. I will say tho just for the record nobody has ever missed.... Until they do. Lol

Justin
Yelp,yelp,yelp.. Gobble, BOOM!!!! Flop,flop,flop

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: BigGobbler on April 16, 2012, 04:45:13 PM

Head shots, and a couple low neck/crop shots yes.  And, you wana watch whom you call a liar...that passive/aggressive way you just did it or not.  You don't know me from Adam.  Now here's what "amuses" me about internet "hunters".  You read my post see where I make a statement.  Never mind that it wasn't even directed at the OP, but a supposed expert and author that wrote an article in a magazine and all you have better to do with your time is heckle?  Get a life and maybe some better reading skills?  Good thing about all this?  I have the filled tags from 7 states and not one thing to prove to you chumps.  

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: Hookhunter on April 16, 2012, 05:09:18 PM
Mightyjoe,
No harm no foul, I see where you are comin from. I will say tho just for the record nobody has ever missed.... Until they do. Lol

Justin

Justin, I could not agree more!  Just because I have never missed a bird, does not mean it won't or can't happen right?  lol.  I've been chasing turkeys a long time...before it was "popular".  I know first hand what can and does happen when you pull the trigger.  What does get my goat though are the internet ravens so eager to discount one man's claim or accomplishment.    They see something like my never missing a bird yet and their own insecurities just get the better of them. It isn't like I haven't ever missed while hunting other game either!  I archery hunt more than just about anything else and believe me, I have had my share of whiffs!  Antways.  Good luck next time out, shake off that miss and remember...  Aim small.  Miss small.  lol

runngun

Joe, "Chumps" huh??? Ain't that something to say.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Tail Feathers

My buddy missed one this morning.  It happens sometimes.
I've never missed.  My shot always hits the bird, a tree or the ground.... :toothy9:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

BBD

I have missed my share...and unforunately I'm afraid one day it will prolly happen again. It sucks. I missed 5 in a row one season. Luckily at the time we had a good many and I was able to connect with one before season went out. Now days they are WAY to hard to come by to miss, nothing makes me sickier.. And deer, oh boy I don't even want to talk about how many deer I've missed over the years  :TooFunny:   

guesswho

I was in a boat with my hunting partner and his uncle one day coming back from a hunt where I had missed.  His Uncle was making fun of me and then said he had never missed a turkey and never killed a Jake.   I pulled out a few feathers from the back of the vest, held them in the air and mumbled some serious hoodoo voodoo crap and then rubbed them on his gun and let them go.  I told him the turkey Gods would now make him pay.  Within a week he had missed a bird and killed a Jake.  Now I'm not allowed to touch his gun, even when we just sight them in before season.

Some of my best hunts involve a miss.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

mightyjoeyoung

The old man.  Former Marine, combat vet of the Korean War many times over, the best woodsman and one of the best shots I know never missed a turkey in all the years I've hunted with him.  He's 77 now and. Doesn't get around like he used to.  Last year I took him out the spring opener to put him on a bird for his birthday that was the next day.  We had 4 jakes and a long beard 30 yards in front of us.  He leveled down on the boss and let one rip, blowing a 2" sapling about 10 yards infront of him to pieces.  No joke, looked like a grenade went off!  The gobbler ducked, ran a few steps and took off down the hill.  The jakes ran around like they had no clue what happened and ole' "shakey jake" as he is now know in circles...behind his back of course, got so flustered that he missed high 2 more times.  We were laughing at him so hard, we didn't notice him throw one last round in the open chamber and crush the one jake that was stupid enough to ran right at us.  He lost both shirt tails that day.  He got up and stated simply "Third times a charm my $%%!!"

BigGobbler

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on April 16, 2012, 05:15:54 PM
Quote from: BigGobbler on April 16, 2012, 04:45:13 PM

Head shots, and a couple low neck/crop shots yes.  And, you wana watch whom you call a liar...that passive/aggressive way you just did it or not.  You don't know me from Adam.  Now here's what "amuses" me about internet "hunters".  You read my post see where I make a statement.  Never mind that it wasn't even directed at the OP, but a supposed expert and author that wrote an article in a magazine and all you have better to do with your time is heckle?  Get a life and maybe some better reading skills?  Good thing about all this?  I have the filled tags from 7 states and not one thing to prove to you chumps. 
[/quote 
LOL Touchy are we. No maybe You should read my post  again I never called you a liar just saying, I'm done LOL   

Turkey Havoc

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on April 16, 2012, 07:31:25 PM
The old man.  Former Marine, combat vet of the Korean War many times over, the best woodsman and one of the best shots I know never missed a turkey in all the years I've hunted with him.  He's 77 now and. Doesn't get around like he used to.  Last year I took him out the spring opener to put him on a bird for his birthday that was the next day.  We had 4 jakes and a long beard 30 yards in front of us.  He leveled down on the boss and let one rip, blowing a 2" sapling about 10 yards infront of him to pieces.  No joke, looked like a grenade went off!  The gobbler ducked, ran a few steps and took off down the hill.  The jakes ran around like they had no clue what happened and ole' "shakey jake" as he is now know in circles...behind his back of course, got so flustered that he missed high 2 more times.  We were laughing at him so hard, we didn't notice him throw one last round in the open chamber and crush the one jake that was stupid enough to ran right at us.  He lost both shirt tails that day.  He got up and stated simply "Third times a charm my $%%!!"

LMBO
Stephen H Spraberry