turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossberg 835 Tactical Turkey

Started by Todd1700, March 17, 2011, 09:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd1700

Thinking of getting one of these with the 20 inch barrel. My question is what kind of patterns are typical from this gun with that barrel length and a good choke with denser than lead 6's, 7's or a duplex load from either H-13 or Nitro? What numbers are folks getting in 10" at 40 yards?

knightrider

835 turkey tactical with 670 pure gold choke shooting 2 oz magblends

with 690 tightwad choke and 1.5/8 oz hevi#6

Todd1700

Nice! I love how handy a shorter barreled shotgun is in the woods. If I could find a shell/choke combo that would get me a pattern like those I'd be more than pleased.

knightrider

polishing or at least deep cleaning the barrel makes a world of difference. and i sent you a pm

Jay Longhauser

I have one with a carlsons .690 in it.  Shooting the winchester XR 3.5" 6's it shoots between 180-190 in 10 " at 40 yards.  Fun guns in my opinion!

Borden811

I just checked my old pattern records. The one I had(set up with a bushnell trophy red dot) would reliably put 240-250 in the 10 at 40, using Hevi-13 2.25oz #6's. That was with a barrel that I polished myself using JB and Kroil, and a Jellyhead choke. It was my backup gun, and in a fit of stupidity, I sold the whole setup for 400 bux over the winter :'(. The one thing I will say that I didn't like about it, was the pistol grip in combination with the tang safety. It just wasn't comfortable for me.

bowhunter84

Quote from: knightrider on March 17, 2011, 10:09:33 PM
polishing or at least deep cleaning the barrel makes a world of difference. and i sent you a pm
:agreed:

bigbuck326

could you give me detail about polishing inside the barrel similiar your gun what i have

knightrider

Quote from: bigbuck326 on March 19, 2011, 06:14:36 PM
could you give me detail about polishing inside the barrel similiar your gun what i have
read the top thread on this page about polishing barrels it as very detailed instructions and pics to go buy :z-guntootsmiley:

bigbuck326

knightrider
thank i found one and am blind    ::)