OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

gun dipping qs

Started by darron, February 16, 2014, 09:08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darron

Can u dip a gun that has already been dipped once? I have a benelli m1 that was dipped years ago. Can I have this gun redipped in another color?

WildSpur

For sure.  You may get it with a fee to remove the original finish but it can be done.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

Skeeterbait

The ink can be removed with solvent and if the paint layer is good it can be redipped.  However if it isn't the original dipper they will probably not warranty it against chipping or peeling since they did not do the prep and paint.

reynolds243

Yes just find a place that removes the old. Rob Roberts crew blasts it down to the metal and dips it. I sent mine that was in apg and they stripped it and dipped it in bottomland. Full warranty with it and they didn't charge me any extra to do it

hunter22

I have seen Rob Roberts' name mentioned several times about dipping guns. Is he set up to do this or is Don Mullis at Camo Solutions doing his work? Rob and Don are about 35 miles from each other. Thanks....

reynolds243

Quote from: hunter22 on February 16, 2014, 11:01:01 AM
I have seen Rob Roberts' name mentioned several times about dipping guns. Is he set up to do this or is Don Mullis at Camo Solutions doing his work? Rob and Don are about 35 miles from each other. Thanks....

I don't know but what I Jonathan told me is they do the breakdown and prep at their shop then take it next door to get it dipped and clear coated. The place next door also has a set up to "bake" the final finish so there is no cure process needed. Now next door could literally be next door or 35 miles away lol. I thought he said it was a airplane parts place that has the set up to do it all but I may not be remembering that right. All I know is the gun they did for me turned out awesome and the finish is 2nd to none. Plus robs warranty is awesome! I'm sure there are other great ones out there but his I have experience with. I'll be sending my 20 gauge there as well

hunter22

I live in the same area where they do. Don has dipped several guns for me and mentioned at one time he did Rob's work also. Rob may be set up now for dipping. I need to go out to his place and see for myself. I also plan to go by Camo Solutions in the next week and plan to stop in and say hello to Don. Both great guys who definitely know guns.

MouthCaller

What about getting a gun that came from the factory already camoed dots it need to be taken off or can you have someone dip over it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

turkey_slayer

Quote from: MouthCaller on February 16, 2014, 01:28:57 PM
What about getting a gun that came from the factory already camoed dots it need to be taken off or can you have someone dip over it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

They will strip it