OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pattern area

Started by Old Gobbler, February 11, 2012, 12:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pattern area ?

Yes
52 (96.3%)
No
2 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 48

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: RAJ on February 11, 2012, 02:20:49 PM
My .02 is that there be a measured distance and not what someone stepped off or estimated. A couple of weeks ago someone owned up that last years 40 paces turned out to be 30 yards.  :gobble: It does not have to be 40 yards for every shot . Lead vs. HTL vs. TSS,gauge,shell,choke mfgr.,constriction or exit diameter,barrel length ,etc. and temp/wind speed are all good data for making a stab at choosing a good combo.

I agree that comments are not needed on this forum,let the pictures speak for themselves. PMs where necessary maybe.

That's the objective way to do it and I agree.  That's why I use one of these.  Takes all the guesswork out of it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Champion-Sports-400-Foot-120-Meter-Open-Reel-Measuring-Tape-/330684580313?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cfe5641d9

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

goblr77

BigHooks

Great idea, I know back when I was a newbie it sure would have help. When your a newbie you allways ask the same question what's the best setup for whatever gun your using. I said all that for this, A BIG THANKS to the ones that took there time in helping me along the way. There's to many of you to name. Again THANKS...
There's alot of info here year's an year's... Iv'e gained more info here in the last 2-3 year's than a life time...

reynolds243

Yeah the child boards by gun type would be very sweet! Would make looking way easier