turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossberg 930

Started by allaboutshooting, April 24, 2011, 02:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

Since hunting has been almost impossible here, I've completed some work that I had pending. I finally published a "Product Test" article on the Mossberg 930.

You can read it a http://www.allaboutshooting.com

I hope you find it informative and interesting.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

mossy835

Clark you wrote a great article and you are a true voice for the shooting public. It was interesting reading my hat is off to you.
:z-winnersmiley:

shoe72

nice article...if tho i don't have one,one tang i like about all mossys is
their top tang safety's

allaboutshooting

Thank you all. It's a really nice gun and I enjoy shooting it. I'm just glad I got that done before the monsoon season set in here.

I have several more product evaluations to complete and it looks like that's about all I'll be able to do here for a while.

Thanks again,
Clark

lking

Clark, we're in the same boat here in northeastern WI.  It has either been 6 plus inches of snow or heavy rain.  River bottoms are unroostable.  Hard to get fired up about turkey season when you fight the elements constantly.  I won't even talk about the wind.... :'(

cannonball

Nice write up, thanks. :icon_thumright:

allaboutshooting

Quote from: lking on April 24, 2011, 07:42:00 PM
Clark, we're in the same boat here in northeastern WI.  It has either been 6 plus inches of snow or heavy rain.  River bottoms are unroostable.  Hard to get fired up about turkey season when you fight the elements constantly.  I won't even talk about the wind.... :'(

We have so much water standing everywhere, it's going to be very hard on nesting. Areas that are normally dry are under several feet of water and more rain is on the way.

I hope your area clears up before your season ends.

Thanks,
Clark

allaboutshooting

Quote from: cannonball on April 24, 2011, 10:26:26 PM
Nice write up, thanks. :icon_thumright:

Thank you. It's a very enjoyable gun to shoot. I may well give it a try on the still target shooting circuit this year. That will give it a real workout over the next 6 months.

Thanks again,
Clark

Jayhawkeye

i love my Mossy 930.  i've used it for the past 5 turkey seasons.  they only thing i don't like about it is the factory bead.  my 930 w/ a PG choke loves the 2 3/4" HEVI-13 #6!  mossy has great customer service to boot...  i had a small problem w/ my 1st barrel, but they sent me a new barrel w/o any problems.  i bought my 930 over the stoeger because of their customer service.   
Rock Chalk Jayhawks!!!  Gobble, Gobble, Gobble...  Go KU!!!

allaboutshooting

It sounds like you've found out what's best for you and your 930. I've shot 2.75" clays loads but not any 2.75' turkey loads through mine. I may have to give that a try.

I've heard a lot of good reports about Mossberg CS as well.

Thanks,
Clark