OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

time to get laughed at

Started by turkey buster, April 28, 2013, 06:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey buster

im wanting to build a 2nd turkey gun and my pick is a mossy 835 ulti mag (older model) now that aint to laugh at.  here is the laughable part....im looking for a star dot for it! anybody have an extra laying around or wanting to part ways with a long time friend in the turkey woods?

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: turkey buster on April 28, 2013, 06:56:26 PM
im wanting to build a 2nd turkey gun and my pick is a mossy 835 ulti mag (older model) now that aint to laugh at.  here is the laughable part....im looking for a star dot for it! anybody have an extra laying around or wanting to part ways with a long time friend in the turkey woods?

The price of a 835 Star Dot like new in package and original will dang near run you $100 on ebay.  They just had one on there that went for $87 or so plus $7 shipping.  I used to think that was crazy, but after looking at the cost of chokes nowadays you will pay $110 for Jeb's.  I seen one sell on ebay for like $130 or so.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Here was the last one on ebay that sold.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Dot-12Ga-Turkey-Extra-Full-Choke-Tube-Mossberg-835-/261203548919?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cd0f1daf7&nma=true&si=On38xjeIyEHFIL6djeDS1fyjxGo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557#ht_490wt_885

And to think I bought one just like it with the straight grooves at the top for $10 shipped a few years ago off of gunbroker and gave it to a guy I worked with who said he just never could get his 835 to shoot.  I also gave him one of my 300325 3.5" #7 shells and he put 290 shot in a 9" circle at 40yds.  He said you were right.  Thing is I should have kept that choke, or sold it later on ebay.  Oh well. 

turkey buster

well at $110 ill settle on a different choke LOL

SCDieselDawg

I too would like to try a Star-Dot,but until the Colonial Arms chokes are proven to be equal to the old Star-Dots I will stick to my Tru-Glo SSX or the Jelly Head.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: SCDieselDawg on April 28, 2013, 08:58:39 PM
I too would like to try a Star-Dot,but until the Colonial Arms chokes are proven to be equal to the old Star-Dots I will stick to my Tru-Glo SSX or the Jelly Head.

And that is the mystery I cannot answer yet until Myles shoot his.  He should get around to it shortly.  Time will tell.  I do know this one they sent him is exactly .676 like the old ones.