turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NITRO shells are they worth it?

Started by arrowslanger, March 14, 2013, 08:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrowslanger

I have some friends who really believe in these shells made by NITRO.  My question is are they worth the money?   Is the performance really better than that of HEVI 13's?

knightrider

they are worth it to me only because this is the only yearly expense i have with turkey hunting. do they kill anybetter than lead or hevi? nope, not a bit, you can only get so dead! now on paper its a different story i get more holes in the 10 with nitros than i do with hevi but on a turkey noggin a couple shot in the brain will kill them, from cheap wally world lead all the way up to $7 nitros, shoot what gives you a good killing pattern and what  you have confidence in!! :fud: :OGturkeyhead:

01Foreman400

In the 3.5" 2 7/16 oz. load they are definitely worth it.  No other company loads anything like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

stinkpickle

A bird that a Nitro can kill, but a Hevi-13 can't, is probably too far away to shoot at in the first place.

01Foreman400

Quote from: stinkpickle on March 15, 2013, 03:07:19 PM
A bird that a Nitro can kill, but a Hevi-13 can't, is probably too far away to shoot at in the first place.

You can say the something with lead....

Huntin Fool From Georgia!

stinkpickle

Quote from: 01Foreman400 on March 15, 2013, 03:33:54 PM
Quote from: stinkpickle on March 15, 2013, 03:07:19 PM

You can say the something with lead....

True that!

beagler

I'm a big fan of the Nitro's. Been shooting them for about seven years now.
Never Misses

VaTuRkStOmPeR

A bird that a Nitro can kill is within my range ;)

I want my guns to reach their maximum performance and nitros are a key part of doing that.

Xcal1ber

They are a sweet shotgun shell. It's all in what you have the money for, or what you want to spend your money on.
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

gaswamp

Quote from: knightrider on March 15, 2013, 01:29:40 PM
they are worth it to me only because this is the only yearly expense i have with turkey hunting. do they kill anybetter than lead or hevi? nope, not a bit, you can only get so dead! now on paper its a different story i get more holes in the 10 with nitros than i do with hevi but on a turkey noggin a couple shot in the brain will kill them, from cheap wally world lead all the way up to $7 nitros, shoot what gives you a good killing pattern and what  you have confidence in!! :fud: :OGturkeyhead:

great post

hookedspur

(YES) they are !!!

Order early and try them .
If you have not ordered you may be out of luck for this season but  they are worth the wait
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

runngun

Yep to me me they are worth it. Confidence is a wonderful thing!!!
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

land cruiser

Went Nitro 3 years ago. Never looked back:D

captin_hook

I have a couple friends that use them. They are awesome! No doubt about it. They are just a little too rich for my blood, I'm happy with the way the hevi -13 shells perform.

archdriver

I am a little wary of  Nitro's .  I dont doubt your success with them but I question the true size of shot that they use.  I have opened up some loads and it looks like a big mix of sizes .  If the shells are packed with small size shot, they certainly will print a dense pattern. 

I opened one up several years ago and it looked to me like floor sweepings. Pellet counts way more than their stated size would suggest, indicating smaller size shot.   This was several years ago , so maybe
they have changed.
ArchDriver