turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Did Some Testing Today

Started by ILIKEHEVI-13, May 22, 2011, 01:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

Those were some of my newer stash of Hevi-13 shells.  They don't shoot near as good as the ones that I had before.

The same can be said for the 323 with the 835.  That's not my good loads from lot 300325 that did  around 360 out of 2 different chokes the last time I shot.  That was some new stuff I recently got.  That was the best one it shot.  Only shot about 3 of them.  

decoykrvr

One look at the various patterns should answer the skeptics query about why most of the knowledgable shooters have embraced the Hevi-13, #7 loadings.  I'd take a Sharpie or piece of black electrical tape to the TruGlo logo, cause it shore do glow!!

Reloader

That's a scary pic for sure.  I guess as long as the wife aint holding it during pics, you'll be ok.

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: Reloader on May 24, 2011, 02:10:23 PM
That's a scary pic for sure.  I guess as long as the wife aint holding it during pics, you'll be ok.

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: Brads getting to be an old man he dont need em' anymore. :toothy12:
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

Reloader

Quote from: gatrkyhntr70 on May 24, 2011, 02:18:49 PM
Quote from: Reloader on May 24, 2011, 02:10:23 PM
That's a scary pic for sure.  I guess as long as the wife aint holding it during pics, you'll be ok.

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: Brads getting to be an old man he dont need em' anymore. :toothy12:

I hear ya, but there's a big difference between need and want :D

fountain

What were the lot numbers on the hevi 7s?

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: fountain on May 24, 2011, 03:31:47 PM
What were the lot numbers on the hevi 7s?

The 3.5" # 7 load was lot 300525 I believe.

The 3" I will have to look. 

fountain

I misread it above.  Thought u shot a different lot from the way you said it above.

ILIKEHEVI-13

I did.  The good stuff I have is 300325.  This was 300525.

fountain

I gotcha ..I need some of the good stuff!  Hard to find hevi 13 around here..

How close were u to the bad stuff out that way?

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well I got this latest stuff from Midwest something off the net.  They were terrible in taking 9 whole days to get me my ammo.  I won't buy from them again. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

I wanted to take the time to show people why I choose to shoot 7's over the Hevi-13 #6 loads.  And this picture says it all.  This was a turkey target I had taped to the first pattern I posted with the 870 with the 7's loads earlier that put 239 in the 10".  This is the backside of the turkey target so you can better see all the hits.  Look at all the hits in the vitals alone.  6's just won't touch this.   Now remember this is the 3" 2oz load and not the 3.5" 2 and 1/4oz load which would only be even more hits.  And anybody that hits a turkey with that at 40yds it's not going anywhere regardless of who tries to tell you different.  

mmusso

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on May 24, 2011, 09:41:07 PM
I wanted to take the time to show people why I choose to shoot 7's over the Hevi-13 #6 loads.  And this picture says it all.  This was a turkey target I had taped to the first pattern I posted with the 870 with the 7's loads earlier that put 239 in the 10".  This is the backside of the turkey target so you can better see all the hits.  Look at all the hits in the vitals alone.  6's just won't touch this.   Now remember this is the 3" 2oz load and not the 3.5" 2 and 1/4oz load which would only be even more hits.  And anybody that hits a turkey with that at 40yds it's not going anywhere regardless of who tries to tell you different.  

:agreed:
Nice work Brad!

jig pitcher

Pretty good looking sight.  What is the price point say compared to the Burris FFII.  It looks good too.  Don't know if that extra $$ is necessary.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: jig pitcher on May 25, 2011, 01:14:17 PM
Pretty good looking sight.  What is the price point say compared to the Burris FFII.  It looks good too.  Don't know if that extra $$ is necessary.

It cost me $85 shipped to my door.  The place I bought it now has free shipping through Memorial Day so now you can get it cheaper.  It's got a lifetime warranty and weighs 5.3oz.  And from what I have seen so far and the money it cost, it's going to be a great seller.  I honestly think for the money it's going to be hard to beat and how many sights like this offer a lifetime warranty for under $100?  You just can't beat it for the price.  And it holds it zero too.  

http://www.nativeoutdoors.com/Emails/052411.html