turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

set me up with a good glass call

Started by jakesdad, March 15, 2017, 10:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakesdad

Been making the transition from mass produced to custom calls and im in need of a good glass pot call. Suggestions...........?

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

vt35mag

Hanks Zebrawood Bronzed Glass over Aluminum, or if you want glass over glass Halloran's Double Glass.

beakbuster10

IMO, pick a good call maker and go from there. Here's a list, in no particular order, of some awesome builders. If these guys build it, it's got feathers.

Kimmy Hanks
Lon Trice
David Halloran
Mike Yingling
Mark Cornelius (MAC)
Pat Strawser
Clint Corder
Paul Platz
Brad Roberts
Jimmy Schaffer

I'm sure I forgot some awesome builders too, but any of the makers I listed build calls that are pure turkey. Some have longer waits/higher prices than others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Juice

My recommendation is a Mike Yingling - his calls talk turkey for sure. Good luck.  :turkey2:

JLH

Daryl Slaton makes a great call.....and you don't have to wait a year to get it.

Also, John Sinclair's bronzed glass are the real deal too, and you can have on at your door in 3 days.

Jbird22

Several good ones mentioned but Andy Kaiser's bronzed glass in Redheart pot is another one worth considering. Also I have a glass over glass in a Padauk pot made by Doug Morgan that I'd say is easily my best straight glass call.

outdoors

Quote from: JLH on March 15, 2017, 11:15:56 AM
Daryl Slaton makes a great call.....and you don't have to wait a year to get it.

Also, John Sinclair's bronzed glass are the real deal too, and you can have on at your door in 3 days.
[/quote
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

scoot12

Jake Naessen walnut glass call.  Great price also.

joker

Cross road walnut glass is another great sounding and looking call at a great price.

MikeStaten

For glass/crystal calls, my top picks for a call without an insane wait time-

Jimmy Schaffer
Lon Trice
Hanks

Corder's Osage pot is top notch too but nearly impossible to find.

Ol Yelper

I ordered a Hanks  Zebrawood glass/aluminum and had it in 3 days. And it sounds great. Runs easy to. You'd be happy with it!

hunter22

Lon Trice
Clint Corder
Pat Strawser
Jimmy Schaffer
Darrin Dawkins
Andy Kaiser
Ed Jenkins
Brad Roberts
Daryl Slaton
Mark Cornelius

And several more. So many great pot call makers out there right now. I would hunt any of the guys calls I have listed.

tomfooleryy

You can't go wrong with any of the callmakers listed here

Tennessee Lead

Halloran Double Glass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk