OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossberg 940 with Pistol Grip

Started by nybowhunter, May 06, 2024, 12:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nybowhunter

For the 2024 season I retired my Benelli Supernova and bought a Mossberg 940 Pro Turkey with 18.5" barrel.

Mossberg doesn't make a pistol grip version, so I purchased an Urbino Pistol Grip Stock for the Mossberg 930/940 from Mesa Tactical with a Limbsaver recoil pad and an adjustable cheek riser (the cheek riser isn't needed if you use the integrated optic cutout).

Got the stock dipped and the forcing cone lengthened by Rob Roberts. This was my first time getting anything dipped and it matches the factory paint perfectly.

I'm using a Holosun 507K X2 red dot and an Indian Creek .660 choke (only one they make at this time for this thread pattern).

Gun weighs in at 7 lbs 12.2 ounces with sling attached.

Ammo used for the pattern test was Apex 3" #9 with 2 1/4 oz of TSS shot at 25 and 40 yards.

The gun is really maneuverable in the timber and was easy to carry. Huge upgrade over the Benelli.

For a 12ga vs 20ga comparison, my brother has the Mossberg SA-20 with the pistol grip and these guns are very similar in size. The SA-20 patterned really well with the same ammo in 20 ga and came with a pistol grip stock from the factory. The SA-20 weighed in at 6lbs 5.7 oz without a sling, over a pound lighter than my gun. If I wanted a 20 ga I'd be more than happy with the SA-20, it's cheaper and lighter.

25 yards

40 yards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Juice

Awesome 940 and patterning. Good luck with it.

Ridge Rooster

Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

rt2bowhunter

Bottomland OG

Great looking gun. Them 940s are definitely shooters.

nybowhunter

Thanks all! I'll hopefully be coming back to this thread before the end of the season with a success photo and recap on how it did on its first bird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk