OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Carlson's turkey choke tubes?

Started by GaryO, July 06, 2012, 06:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaryO

I am considering a Carlson's extended Turkey Super-Full .660 tube. What say you? Thanks...
Gary O

NRA Member

Jacobson

I have several Carlson choke tubes and they are worth every Penny. You just have to find out what load they match up with. I noticed that Fleet Farm is starting to sell Carlson choke tubes.          Good Luck

nyhunter

What kind of gun you putting it in? keep us posted on how it patterns please.

mightyjoeyoung

.660 sounds like it's going in a Benelli or Beretta.  I have the .660 for my SBE II and while it took some doing, I got it to pattern the Win Ext Range 6's really well.  They're a bit more finicky about what loads they like, but when you find a match, you're golden!  
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

albrubacker

I have a ported Carlson .665 for Ben. SN Win HV #4 lead would put 95-110 in the 10" @ 40

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

decoykrvr

You'll be hard pressed to find a nicer bunch of folks who will assist you in any way to maximize your gun's performance w/ their tubes.

mohall64

I have Carlson turkey tubes in four different shotguns and all pattern very well!  Do a little research to find the right constriction for the load you plan to shoot.
He will only be bigger next season!!!!

surehuntsalot

I have a .575 choke for my 20ga 870,and it throws a great pattern with the Federal HW #7's
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

coyotetrpr

I think that Carlsons makes the Hevi13 choke nd I am very impressed with it.
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: surehuntsalot on July 08, 2012, 08:35:51 PM
I have a .575 choke for my 20ga 870,and it throws a great pattern with the Federal HW #7's

Same here!  Has put up the most even patterns for me of any other choke I'v tried with the HW's thus far.   :icon_thumright:
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

WiLL B

The Heavy 13 choke is made by Carlsons and it shoots everything  good in my SBE, lead, extended range and Heavy Shot.