Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Seasons winding down.

Started by JeffC, May 10, 2024, 08:14:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffC

I still have 4 tags for NJ. Anyone else still hunting??
We have 8 Toms on the board and our highest score since forming the team, Congrats everyone. Still have 4 guys who are missing/ quiet. Please check in and give us updates, good or bad. 
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

austinc

Season ended here in AR, but I can't complain after tagging 3 birds in 3 states and have had 3 other longbeards in range I couldn't seal the deal on. I'm looking at adding another state in the next 2-3 weeks if I can... but most likely I'm done for this season.

snoman4

I called in a bird that died for a friend but did not kill one myself.  I hunted less than usual due to baseball practice and games 5 to 6 days a week.  Perry plays on two teams this year, so it was hectic.

HillclimberWV

Ive still got tags in PA but havent had opportunity to hunt with work. I did fill my second tag in WV last week. It wasn't N upgrade but ill get a story and some pics in the thread soon.

backforty

Just hunted Missouri this yr so I'm done unfortunately. Already started making plans for next yr to extend my season. Thinking maybe Washington and somewhere in between.
Print by Madison, on Flickr

lacire

My spring turkey season is done for this year.

notsure

I'm done for the season. No Wisconsin trip this year, but I'm planning on hunting South Dakota next year in addition to Minnesota. Also, I'll post a story thread regarding this year's successful hunt hopefully by this weekend.

JeffC

Ran up to Vermont to hunt with my son. 3 days and never saw or heard a bird we could hunt. Hunted 3 different WMAs and a coworker of my son's property who was seeing a strutter almost every day. Never even found any sign of birds. Was great trip just getting to hunt with him and see new ground. The mountains really showed me how out of shape I am. Saw birds close to houses, had a Tom gobble at my truck as we drove down a gravel road. I told him to put in the effort to scout and find areas of birds for next year.
Jersey season closes on Friday, doubt I will get over again this week. Eating 5 tags from 3 different states but was a great year!

austinc

As of now, I'm leaving end of this week for MN, if somehow I get lucky pretty quick I'll run to WI.

lacire

:wave: have a safe trip and good luck.

JeffC

Good luck austin, safe travels!