turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anyone ever use this for calls? UPDATED PICS OF CALL MADE

Started by pappy, September 03, 2014, 08:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Called anigre from Africa. A hardwood. This piece is quartersawn. Bet it would look great in a chocolate color.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

hunter62

vaturkey

Quote from: pappy on September 03, 2014, 08:26:57 PM

Called anigre from Africa. A hardwood. This piece is quartersawn. Bet it would look great in a chocolate color.
I'm sure you can make it happen !  :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

hunter62

I think it wood ;D make a nice Hen box .Never used it but sure wood like to try it

Idratherb

callmakerman

I agree with Chuck. It would look real sweet as a Turpin box call hen box or other.

dreis3

I've seen it on the bay a bunch of times but never pulled the trigger... let us know how it works out Pappy!
D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com

pappy

yep, I spent an arm and a leg on it. But I think the stuff is way too cool to just sit on my shelf. Most likely be sending a piece to New york...
tel...573-380-8206

fastford04

I'll take a striker out of it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

West Augusta

Beautiful wood Pappy.  I know you'll do it proud.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

pappy

Here is what I made with some of it today.....love this stuff! The striker is a killer on anything glass, slate ceramic you name it I ran it on some of the pots I have on my shelf. The trough has a piece of slate roofing on it, I got years back and took it down to size (1/8) and the cap ends are black walnut, this baby rocks! Surprised me! This wood is gonna look sweet in that hen box C.

tel...573-380-8206

outdoors

SWEET LOOKING CALL
I TAKE IT , THAT ITS REAL HARD WOOD ?   :icon_thumright:  :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

pappy

It is weird, the wood is hard, you hit it and the sounds resonates like a bell, it smells like cedar when you are working it, and looks like fiddleback maple. I am going to grab up some more as soon as I save up enough, this stuff should be a killer for box calls.
tel...573-380-8206

fastford04

Man those are saweet!!! I want a striker lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WillowRidgeCalls

Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott