turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Couple more trumpets. (video)

Started by savduck, January 05, 2012, 09:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

Was wanting to hear all my trumpets from a distance in the woods. made the video for myself just to see the difference in all my calls. They sound way different up close indoors than they do in the woods. I got a sore throat and was struggling a bit to run them, especially by the last two. I ran 5 trumpets, ran them in the order I got them.

Mero....1st
Pappy 2nd
Mudpuppi Olive wood....newer internals 3rd
Mudpuppi............old internals 4th
gitzit..........5th

Georgia Boy

TRKYHTR

Sounds good Del. I like the last one. BTW are you in your long handle underware or skivies? Lol

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

cannonball

drenalinld

Quote from: TRKYHTR on January 05, 2012, 09:43:05 PM
Sounds good Del. I like the last one. BTW are you in your long handle underware or skivies? Lol

TRKYHTR

Ditto. You're a rock star with those things with or without skivvies!

vaturkey

Vaturkey

Basser69

Del, I think your name just got changed to skivie boy  :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

savduck

I get it done wearing anything......you want to hear the irony of this. I actuallly did kill a gobbler in my underwear one time.

I had these group of 3 gobblers and about 10 hens roosting in a swamp. There was a little small island  on our property and then a dike across the property line. the birds would roost over open swamp, fly down to the dike, and then make their way into a field. In the afternoons they would come back and feed and breed on the dike, sometimes fly over to the island and then fly up to roost. The island was very small, and couldnt hide on it. Maybe 30 yards long, but only 15 feet wide....bare except to small 4" diameter trees.

After being whipped 4 or 5 times. I decided one afternoon to sneak in about 3 hours before roost time. I forgot my waders so I stripped down to boxers, and camo shirt. I walked out in waist deep water and leaned up against a tree like I was hunting ducks in flooded timber. About  an hour later the birds came to the dike. I clucked two or three times, and the lead gobbler flew onto the island looking back to the main land behind me,  and started strutting back forth. I was waiting at about 20 yards away. I let him dance for a few minutes and then dropped him.
Georgia Boy

merocustomcalls

All of them sound like winners to me

drenalinld

Quote from: savduck on January 06, 2012, 06:38:09 PM
I get it done wearing anything......you want to hear the irony of this. I actuallly did kill a gobbler in my underwear one time.

I had these group of 3 gobblers and about 10 hens roosting in a swamp. There was a little small island  non our property and then a dike across the property line. the birds would roost over open swamp, fly down to the dike, and then make their way into a field. In the afternoons they would come back and feed and breed on the dike, sometimes fly over to the island and then fly up to roost. The island was very small, and couldnt hide on it. Maybe 30 yards long, but only 15 feet wide....bare except to small 4" diameter trees.

After being whipped 4 or 5 times. I decided one afternoon to sneak in about 3 hours before roost time. I forgot my waders so I stripped down to boxers, and camo shirt. I walked out in waist deep water and leaned up against a tree like I was hunting ducks in flooded timber. About  an hour later the birds came to the dike. I clucked two or three times, and the lead gobbler flew onto the island looking back to the main land behind me,  and started strutting back forth. I was waiting at about 20 yards away. I let him dance for a few minutes and then dropped him.

Solid! :z-guntootsmiley:

pappy

Those all sound good enough to me to bring the bird to the gun.....you sure come a long way in playing those things too, but I would change out fits next time, there may be some weirdo type guys watching this and may want to stalk ya............ :begging:
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

savduck

Thanks Pappy, its easy when you have a high quality instrument to run with the sound built in.
Georgia Boy