turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2nd haint video ( outdoors )

Started by Bustabeak, February 11, 2012, 07:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

All the interest in safety is a great thing to bring up when using ANY gobbler call. They've been around for ever, just be careful.
Now, about the Haint and Knight's callers... I made a few of these similar to theirs, but I was getting so frustrated about the sound, either too low...too fast...missed on cupping my hand over the call, and blew my brains out trying to force enough air through the calls to get them to work.
What I am wondering about is if i were to make a baffle in the bell housing, right after the end of the insert, to create back pressure, which should allow the user to use less air with the same results? Also, my calls have solid aluminum inserts and they don't seem to be effected so much by the weather, contracting and causing the reed to fall out.....As for using one, I'll have mine in my vest, just in case, after I learn to use it better, maybe it will be baffled....
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Bustabeak

I'll admit it's a little different and takes some time to get use to. but I think it sounds pretty good. Here is my latest since I've practiced about a month with it. I had to do the video inside so there is an echo which takes away from the sound a little but.. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4lC-fS1_aA&context=C3161586ADOEgsToPDskKFspHm3DgId1b7D7Sln_Az

Pappy, I'm not sure about the baffle I would think that would probably work! But the last one I took apart I had to send back to DND.

I'm also curious about the DVD they have out. I didn't want to buy it if it was exactly the same as what is on YouTube. I created my own video about the "tongue action" some of you may have already seen mine but here it is a well. Maybe it helps with some questions on the flutter. That is how I learned to flutter my tongue when I first got the call.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbArCSc8Svc&feature=plcp&context=C397c087UDOEgsToPDskJBJZZwTura5aFNupJ34KJ9

Give me your opinions on how I'm sounding.

joker

Thanks, Josh

That video was a big help. You sound great on It, you got that baby down. I think you sound better than the DND guys on there videos.

superx2

i think there  isn't  going to be any better explanation then that
thanks  :icon_thumright:

mfd1027

The only thing you can do to sound more like the real thing is to grow a beak, fan and wings!!! You've already got a beard.  :TooFunny: Sounds awesome!!! :turkey2:
Dan

JoeS5

Thanks for the video bustabeak.  I saw your first video on the Haint on You Tube and decided to give it a shot.  It sounds like I am having similar problems as everyone else in making this thing sound more realistic.  I wish I could get a deeper sounding, longer gobble.  I am sure it won't be my "go to" call, but like you said it sounds cool and as an added bonus it's driving my wife nuts!!! 

gunslinger

I bought one in Nashville...couldn't blow it.  Sold it. I think about 1 in 10 persons can actually blow one.  I expect they're sales to fall considerably next year after everyone realizes this.

Headhunter270

I have been working on the haint for about a month and think I have it down pretty good.One tip I would like to add is try recording yourself  outside away from the call.Too me it sounds different from 40 or 50 yards than what it sounds wright at the call.

flatliner

Hell give me a good old fashion TUBE call I can gobble as good and still use it for making the rest of the turkey sound vocabulary. All in one call instead of that much money for a less versatile call.

kehl

Bustabeak

yeah it took me a good while and i still need some work to go. Its definitely not for everyone. Its just like my purring on a mouth call. I just can't get that for anything! It aggravates me to death but... I've enjoyed using the call and learning to use the Haint but it has made many folks in my house pretty mad :TooFunny:

jaybird

[
Quote from: zach20065 on March 08, 2012, 12:19:06 PM
Quote from: jaybird on February 25, 2012, 03:12:32 PM
There are several videos on Youtube on the Haint and I've watched them with no success. I even called DND they tried to help but were not successful. I've had this call for 2 months and have yet to get it to sound as advertised. They did not mention on their promo video about having to flutter your tongue otherwise I would have passed. Needless to say it has been a disappointment. This call sounds like a predator distress call.  >:(
sure they did, they talked about how to blow it, tongue control, air pressure, free air hand control, rattling the call to help get the roar of the gobble they discussed all of this in the video. Its not an easy call to run and not everyone is going to pick it up right out of the box and run it, you have to practice it. How long you think it took the guys in the video to get it just right? probably a year of R&D before it was even put on the market for us. Just because you or someone else cant blow the call doesnt mean it sucks. Its a great call and by far the best sounding gobble call on the market.

Bustabeak: you got it man. Just gotta practice thats all there is to it. You have all the right things going for you with the tongue and hands. Maybe shake the call on your lips a little, it helps get your rattle in your gobble a little more. After you get it down its gonna sound awesome keep it up!!
date=1331227146]
Quote from: jaybird on February 25, 2012, 03:12:32 PM
There are several videos on Youtube on the Haint and I've watched them with no success. I even called DND they tried to help but were not successful. I've had this call for 2 months and have yet to get it to sound as advertised. They did not mention on their promo video about having to flutter your tongue otherwise I would have passed. Needless to say it has been a disappointment. This call sounds like a predator distress call.  >:(
sure they did, they talked about how to blow it, tongue control, air pressure, free air hand control, rattling the call to help get the roar of the gobble they discussed all of this in the video. Its not an easy call to run and not everyone is going to pick it up right out of the box and run it, you have to practice it. How long you think it took the guys in the video to get it just right? probably a year of R&D before it was even put on the market for us. Just because you or someone else cant blow the call doesnt mean it sucks. Its a great call and by far the best sounding gobble call on the market.

Bustabeak: you got it man. Just gotta practice thats all there is to it. You have all the right things going for you with the tongue and hands. Maybe shake the call on your lips a little, it helps get your rattle in your gobble a little more. After you get it down its gonna sound awesome keep it up!!
[/quote]
Zach
The video I was referring to was a promo sent out by North American Hunting Club last October. In that video, when interviewed; DND said one could gobble with this call right out of the box, The video on DND website does mention the toung flutter; but, that wasn't the video I viewed when I preordered the call.