OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Zink Mouth Calls? Good?

Started by TheSportsman, September 03, 2011, 10:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSportsman

Whats your guys experience with the Zink line of mouth calls? thanx

decoykrvr

Before the season I was given a handful of both Zink and Flextone diaphragms to try.  I was impressed with most of the calls-tonal range, ease of use, etc. and hunted w/ them for several days.  By the second week of the season the calls had lost the original tension on the latex, the tape was wrinkling, and they didn't call worth a flip.  I'm real anal about taking care of my diaphragms and used an original Woodhaven Copperhead (which I re-taped last year) and is at least 5 years old to call in 6 or 7 birds this year and it will probably be good next year.  IMO and from feedback from several other knowledgeable callers both Zink and Flextone have serious quality control problems and you definitely don't get what you paid for in quality or longevity.  I'm glad mine were gratis, but that still didn't stop me from cussing a bluestreak when they didn't perform as expected during a hunt.

gobbler336

never messed with zink but i did buy a flextone and like he said got about maybe two uses out of it, the first and last one i will ever buy!  it was one of the orange ones don't remember the name, woodhaven, legacy and featherridge are what is in my call case.  got a friend that loves his pittmans.

Longbeardfever4ever

Never ran one. But I definitely recommend Hook's mouth calls. Call Scott up and have him run a few for you.

http://hookscalls.com/shop/
Hook's Custom Calls
Keep The Fever Custom Calls
Romans 3:24

Chris Downs

How about the Yargus Touch series calls from MAD??