turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Which Way Is Up????

Started by mfd1027, May 06, 2011, 10:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mfd1027

I'm wiped out!!!    We've got about 40 claims (auto) to look at tomorrow and then it's on to Knoxville to report to our next CAT site.
We have to rept. to work there at 7 am. on Monday.     

Keep up the good work!!  We have to be doing OK in the standings.   
Dan

harvester

I reckon you are. Are you going to be around Lenoir City area any or have you found out the details yet. As far as the standings, I don't have a clue but I do think we are very close to the ten bird limit.

keyser12ga

You have been slammed!  Bet the money is good though!

turkeybow

Where you gonna be in Knoxville?  If you have a chance maybe we could meet up for lunch or something
"We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
~ Aldo Leopold

mfd1027

We work 7-7  7 days a wk.   Not sure where it is but it's an old Cadillac dealership.   We should be there about a month.   Do you guys know of any campgrounds in the area??
Dan

harvester

Quote from: mfd1027 on May 07, 2011, 10:16:09 PM
We work 7-7  7 days a wk.   Not sure where it is but it's an old Cadillac dealership.   We should be there about a month.   Do you guys know of any campgrounds in the area??

If you could give us an address or a location for the old cadillac dealer, maybe we could find something or lead you in the right direction.

unclerick

Dan I bet you are busy after all these storms, just stay safe man.

I think were pretty good in the standings right now, I'll try to go through and get some kind of idea a little later.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

gob09

dan the blue sidw is up good luck and be safe while traveling holler if you get a flat in coffe county

mfd1027

Just checking in.   We're still in Knoxville.    I'm working on Alcoa Hwy. near the airport and we found a campground rt. on the edge of the mtns. in a little town called Townsend.  Man is it pretty up here.    I'm the entertainment at our site.    I walk around with a call in my mouth most of the time and every once in a while I'll gobble or start yelping.   Gotta do something to make the days go by a little faster. lol    I think things might wind down sometime next wk.   I'm ready for a day off!!!   Haven't had one of those since Ap. 23rd.   
Dan

harvester

While your that close to cades cove, you need to check it out before you leave. Very beautiful place, you would really enjoy it, if you have never been their before. Had a friend go up there this past weekend and said all they saw where turkeys strutting everywhere. There is a house up that way also, maybe just up past you a little ways that usually has several birds in their yard, right next to the highway. Glad things are still going fine with you and all. Glad to see you checked in. What camp ground are you staying in, if you don't mind. I may be able to tell you a couple more places to check out. Pm me if you would rather not say on the open forum. Be Safe.

Dustin

gob09

i wanted so bad to go to cades cove when we were up that way but did'nt make it

harvester

Quote from: gob09 on May 18, 2011, 09:12:59 PM

Maybe you can next time your this way.

gob09

Quote from: harvester on May 20, 2011, 09:16:40 AM
Quote from: gob09 on May 18, 2011, 09:12:59 PM

Maybe you can next time your this way.
next time i will for sure if i have to go by myself

harvester

Hey Dan, how are things going? Are you still staying in Townsend?

mfd1027

Still here.   Thought I'd check in to see how we did.  Anybody know??  I'm still working in Knoxville and staying in Townsend.  I'm at 41 days in a row now  7-7.    I'm sick of looking at hail dents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol     

Hope everybody is doing good!!!
Dan