OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Least favorite pot call surface.

Started by Spitten and drummen, April 02, 2017, 06:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westernmassman

grayfox

WildTigerTrout

Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

tha bugman

copper but as original post says...find the right striker for it and it sounds amazing.  Great breaks.

TScottW99

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Buckrub

Definitely Copper for me as well. Interestingly, I find Brass similar but much easier to master!!

Chris O

Wow I'm surprised about all of the people that said copper.Two of my favorite calls are copper one is a lights out and the other a fan tomb trough. I prefer plain old slate when it's wet.

yelpy

All of them because I can't get a bird to come into a darn pot to save my life. LOL! Now a box call is a different story.

Coop1082

Slate by far. South AL moisture kills it in the woods.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

pappy

Quote from: Happy hooker on April 05, 2017, 08:42:02 AM
Well it looks like we should be using copper,,everybody hates it so the birds don't get used to it.
LOL I agree......I have noticed a word constantly showing up in the posts......inconsistent ,,,, folks the metal isn't holding the striker....if we are running inconsistently on one pot be it copper titanium or slate or glass, it definitely not the call's fault. It is a hard lesson to learn, I have sold every type of call under the sun, and metallics have always been requested over slate, fad or no fad.....who knows. But when it comes down to the bare truth....if we do not like a call, put it on the shelf and look at it, don't try to dictate what others may want to buy, based upon what we do or don't like. It is all up to the birds anyhow....LOL
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

outdoors

What works for me on MEATAL service only
I condition east to west
         And  north to south
In a straight direction........
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

mspaci

idratherb

Txag12

Never tried ceramic or copper, I would have to say aluminum. It's hard for me to get away from a Glass/crystal