OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

new model for 2016......UTpot

Started by pappy, March 15, 2016, 01:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

here is a new pot I am trying out made it from Bolivian Rosewood it is glass over slate dual purpose....ultra thin model, only 5/8" deep had to work on the internals to get it right...great sounding pot caller gonna take her this Spring with me...
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

cjordan

SteelerFan

That's a REALLY neat design - nice work!!  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

pappy

you can see there is some difference in the depth of the pot from that of one of our regular pots....the maple pot is 7/8" high and the rosewood is 5/8" high it may just sound like an 1/4" difference but the weight difference is huge and the work on the internals was intensive to get the sound right, so we put a lot of work into this one....
tel...573-380-8206

eorlando

I really like the looks of that jack. I am going to have to get a pot call from you in the future.

SteelerFan

Forgot to ask... "UT" ???  Ultra Thin??

John Sinclair CustomCalls

Nicely done jack! That should add a couple octaves to the pitch of the call, I bet it will reach out on a windy day

pappy

tel...573-380-8206

Smooth_Operator

That's an impressive looking pot Jack, great job!

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

Beards and Hooks

Awesome looking pot Pappy, you do some real nice work!

Philippe

They look terrible! You had best send them too me so nobody has to look at them again :funnyturkey:

pappy

Quote from: Philippe on March 17, 2016, 07:52:01 PM
They look terrible! You had best send them too me so nobody has to look at them again :funnyturkey:
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: don't press your luck too much I got friends in high places...
tel...573-380-8206

peak98

That's a fine looking call! Any sound files yet?
peak98
Your weapon sits on top of you shoulders, everything else is just equipment.

pappy

i WOULD BUT IT IS GONE TO A NEW HOME, MY POTS WORK, THEY CALL TURKEYS i CAN GUARANTEE YOU THAT, BUT WHAT i CANNOT DO IS FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE A SOUND FILE AND PUT IT ON HERE...THIS IS WHY I TELL FOLKS TO CALL ME ANY TIME TO HEAR A CALL OF MINE..I THINK THIS IS A BETTER WAY FOR PEOPLE TO HEAR AND KNOW IT IS THE MAKER AND HIS CALL THAT YOU ARE LISTENING TO...
tel...573-380-8206

Sgt673

That sure looks like a sweet call!  I can't wait to have it in my hands and call a big bird in this season.  I will let you know how it sounds when it arrives.