OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

My wife is going to kill me!

Started by KY-Hunting, April 12, 2015, 09:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KY-Hunting

So I got outbid on a John Sinclair last night and needed a call for this season so I bought an Enticer call ( Wet Aluminum) today to fill the void. Then I get ahold of John and he sets me up with a call and I bought that one two! Atleast it's kinda warm outside to sleep..

otis

you will be very happy with that enticer I got mine last wk and it sounds great

SteelerFan

JLH

You'll be ok.....it's starting to warm up, so you won't freeze to death...hehe

alclark2

I bought two calls while my wife was in Europe.  ;D ;D ;D What was she going to do? Come home mad because I spent too much on calls?
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

mgm1955

Quote from: alclark2 on April 13, 2015, 05:35:27 PM
I bought two calls while my wife was in Europe.  ;D ;D ;D What was she going to do? Come home mad because I spent too much on calls?
:TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Gooserbat

Tell her if she wants someone to sleep on the couch, she's more than welcome to sleep there.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

KentuckyHeadhunter

If you sleep in the doghouse you can hear the birds gobble in the morning.  Which Sinclair did you get?
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

KY-Hunting

Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on April 14, 2015, 09:27:05 AM
If you sleep in the doghouse you can hear the birds gobble in the morning.  Which Sinclair did you get?
3.5 Highly Figured Bocote Titanium. It should be here Thursday. Can't wait it will get here in just enough time to give it a test drive and aggravate everyone in the house plus the dogs..

SteelerFan

Quote from: KY-Hunting on April 14, 2015, 05:10:53 PM
3.5 Highly Figured Bocote Titanium. It should be here Thursday. Can't wait it will get here in just enough time to give it a test drive and aggravate everyone in the house plus the dogs..

You'll like it. The striker John sends is VERY nice, but don't be afraid to switch out for a little different sound. My Titanium likes a Fred Cox Tulipwood, and dymondwood as well  :icon_thumright:

KY-Hunting

Quote from: SteelerFan on April 14, 2015, 07:18:21 PM
Quote from: KY-Hunting on April 14, 2015, 05:10:53 PM

You'll like it. The striker John sends is VERY nice, but don't be afraid to switch out for a little different sound. My Titanium likes a Fred Cox Tulipwood, and dymondwood as well  :icon_thumright:

I have read so many people on this forum talk about the Dymondwood striker! It's got to be worth buying. How does one go about getting one? I can't buy one now but maybe in the near future.

Thundermtn

Check Wendell at lights out. $20 for a really good looking dymondwood and don't wait to long. I heard the place that makes the stuff burned down. Dont know if its true but it may take a while before they're up a going again. Hallorans used to come with a dymondwood but they have since switched to an ebony as a replacement.

Post for a trade also, some people will have stuff to trade and you  could do it for just shipping cost.

SteelerFan

Here are a few options:

MIDWEST carries a few... they have Lights Out in stock now -

http://www.midwestturkeycall.com/prodlist.asp?cc=T&cat=Custom~Strikers&id1=&id2=&dn=1&code=2&curPage=3

Or call Fred at Grand Slam Turkey Calls

http://www.grandslamturkeycalls.com/product-category/strikers/

If you like a more narrow rounded tip striker, Hooks makes a Dymonwood in their Gobblin' stix line

http://hookscalls.com/inc/sdetail/gobble_stix_dymondwood/104/7778

You might also consider getting on the "wait" list with Steve @ West Augusta (on this site)

zelmo1

:z-winnersmiley: Not to worry, I found the "Get out of jail/doghouse free card", it is called a Chocolate Truffle Bomb. It will work on anything less than getting friendly with her sister, lol. Good luck