OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Strikers.............

Started by Tnturkey71, April 15, 2011, 06:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tnturkey71

Who makes a Striker with a Lanyard on it? I was calling to a bird and slipping up to get a better spot, and I saw him strutting and went to call some more and my Dang Striker had fallen out of my pocket. Needless to say the game was over when I had to go back and look for my striker, I did find it. But the Bird was gone by that time :(  Be good to have one with a lanyard like the Trumpet calls. :character0029:

cleanslate

A lanyard that would go around your wrist or one that would go around your neck? I could try to make you one either way, not sure if the lanyard would change the way the striker sounds though.

Tnturkey71

I have one I put a lanyard on and it didn't change the sound. It fits around my neck. With all the diffrent size strikers, some fit loose and some just will not fit at all. I though someone might use this information to come up with something, that we could all use. I guess I could use a longer spring, or clamp the ferell closer to the end. Just thinking waiting on the KY opener in the morning. LOL

BTW Thanks for the offer.

misfire

I tuck my strikers in my boot, been lucky that I havent lost any yet, but they are pretty secure
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

bowhunter84

Quote from: misfire on April 15, 2011, 08:45:20 PM
I tuck my strikers in my boot, been lucky that I havent lost any yet, but they are pretty secure
same here