OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Commercial box call you would HUNT with!!!

Started by Happy hooker, May 10, 2016, 07:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy hooker

OK your going on your big trip few hundred miles  away,,day before you take all your calls out box,pot,mouth lay them on table to tune organize. Next mourning load up leave but upon arrival you find you forgot to grab the calls their still on table. Your hunting the next mourning and all fired up,,however the local sporting goods/hardware store has all the commercial mass produced brands,,primos,, Quaker boy, H.S,, K&H, M.A.D. and all the other packaged brands.
You want to use a box call because that's what birds in this area seem to like.
Which one of these do you grab your not concerned about wood grain,collectable value etc just one that's going to give you the best chance to kill a bird,,,brand??? Model????

markjm15

I used to have this boat paddle box from quaker boy called the gobblin fever. Or I think thats what it was.. that one may be the 40th anniversary call though. I definitely think I would be going with that box.
Mueller Custom Calls

-Mark Mueller

SteelerFan

Find a clerk / employee... ask for assistance. Tell them you are going to buy a call, but you want to try it first - out of the package, right there in the store. Pick what you like from there.

Vaughnrp2

Spring Creek Calls

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

davisd9

Primos box cutter

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Jbird22

Quote from: Vaughnrp2 on May 10, 2016, 09:08:47 PM
Primos Heartbreaker is not a bad call.
I had a guy who sort of worked with Primos play one for me about 10 yrs ago that was as good as ANY box call I've ever heard. I tried to get him to sell it to me but they didn't make them any more and he was holding on to it.  Don't blame him a bit.

Also, the Lynch box calls that were made in Liberty, MS have been responsible for a many a death.

SinGin

trkehunr93

Lynch fool proof.  I've had mine since 1994, helped in the demise of many a turkey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jed clampett

I would go with what steelerfan said...open them up and run them...primos boxcutter and the heartbreaker are good boxes but you might have to run several of each to find a good sounding one..same with any commercial box

Vaughnrp2

Boxcutter is also a good call for the money.

paboxcall

I would hope they had a stash of Rohm Brothers short boxes.  All killers.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

jepcho

Quote from: Vaughnrp2 on May 10, 2016, 09:08:47 PM
Primos Heartbreaker is not a bad call.
I agree. Still have mine although I haven't used it in a few years. Nice call

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bowguy

Cody, imo make some of the only decent production calls