OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Here's one from the lost list..................

Started by pappy, March 20, 2011, 08:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Black & White Ebony Dual sided with Titanium over Glass combo, last piece of titanium, I knew I had it saved for some reason. That is a Black Laminated Striker with it...this one is headed to "decoykrvr" Craig, I hope you like it....pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

selinoid44

'Flush Draw' Calls
Charlie Louthain
574-527-9785

savduck

Georgia Boy

HoleInTheWall Longbeard

turkey slayer

TauntoHawk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

handcannon

That's a really great eye catcher pappy! Love the looks of that ebony.

pappy

What's a titanium surface sound like?
Titanium has a great tendacy to be raspy and depending on the striker has a wide range of pitch capabilities. I have had some pick up a pot and run it right off the bat and other who have had to learn to play it, like learning to ride a bike for the first time.
I use a walnut striker, and I get mid range sounds, I use an oak striker and get a whole lot of rasp with lower tonal qualities, so it really depends on the striker. As far as the surface conditioning, you treat it like copper or aluminum, keep it clean and oil free, it is hard, so I use a diamond dusted dremel wheel to do the primary conditioning, then follow that with the scotch brite. I wish I knew how to post sound bites I would but if you really want to hear one played, just call me 573-688-2306...pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

decoykrvr

What a great thrill to open a thread to view pappy's latest creation, and then find out it's heading to me.  Jack it appears that you have out done yourself once more.  If that pot calls half as good as it looks, "Hannah, Hannah, bar the door!!!"  I'll give it a thorough run w/ a wide variety of strikers and post my results for the titanium surface.  To say I'm fired up, would be an understatement.  I'll turn 60 this week and couldn't be more excited if I was 16 again.  I was scouting this weekend and while freshening up a blind w/ a little green pine and cedar was asked by my wife if I'd heard a bird gobble across the creek.  I hadn't heard the bird and questioned her identification, since I'd been listening to a Redtail hawk's cries.  She said sarcastically, "Do hawks gobble like a turkey?"  I cut a couple of clucks on a copper call and a few raspy yelps and the bird gobbled back.  I yelped again and he gobbled from across the creek.  A few minutes later he gobbled on his own and a couple of minutes later was seen running toward us.  At about 60 yards the long beard realized his mistake and took off running.  I told my wife that I'd just educated that bird, but really didn't care since it was worth the show. When that type of show or a new turkey call fails to cause my heart to race, it'll be time to depart this world.  Thank you Jack,
Craig

VA_Birdhunter

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

joshua

Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.