OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Who do you feel turns the best strikers

Started by Onpoint, May 25, 2014, 02:36:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onpoint

Just wondering what everybody's opinions are on this.
I have a few strikers that I just simply couldn't live without.

I really like wendell rye strikers. Another one I like is my woodhaven laminated birch. Believe it or not primos had a damn good striker a few years ago called a Lucky striker. They used to have a hole drilled in the top on the early models. They were the good ones. Then they stopped doing thst and they didn't sound as good. The primos strikers out now just don't do it for me.

I really like david hollorans 1 piece strikers too. They got a good feel to them.

I'm lookin for something similar to the rye dymondwood in fit and size, but offered in a variety of woods on hand at all times and offers a flares tip. Yall know anybody that fits this bill?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Jbird22

I really like Dad's, Lights Out, and Daryl Slaton's stikers.

hunter22

Not sure how many strikers I have but somewhere over 500. My favorites were made by West Augusta, Bill Lyman, Harold Fowler, and my own hand whittled strikers. These all have the balance I am looking for.   

howl

Tim Sandford. I like the ones he makes that have a fatter section where you grip it and thinner sections around that. Thinner vibrates better, fatter is more comfortable.

WV Ridge Reaper

All of mine are one piece from Halloran..I need to call and see if he will make a one piece Dymondwood.

That's actually the only one that not Dymondwood.

JLCcalls

Don't know if you can still get them but Silvers strikers are my favorites.  Used to get them at Midwest turkey call supply.

eddie234

I love my strikers from Neil Herman. He makes the gobble sticks for hooks. I got a few from him that he made special that hooks dont sell.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

turkeykiller22

My buddy Derrick makes all my strikers for me, and he does a great job! They are all weighted correctly and feel great in the hand! You can check some of them out on my website at www.footonDAhead.com

Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

captin_hook

Love hollaran strikers, you guys might laugh but my favorite striker I have is a 2 piece heavy hickory Cody striker! It just sounds sweet on all pot calls and kills birds over and over again.

nitro

Royal Slam 2008

Skeeterbait

I like a simple, thin, one piece striker but they have to be consistant.  For me Dewey Johnson (Dad's) strikers run the best of all I have tried.  Especially the purple heart.  It will run on any surface.

Stump.270

I love fowler tiete rosewood I'm gonna get mr fowler to turn a Dymondwood that he says is harder the regular Dymondwood I see the dads but have never tried one

mwr

jmck