OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lonnie Mabry Calls

Started by klemsontigers7, February 19, 2014, 11:10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klemsontigers7

Read 'em and weep, fellas.  :drool:

worth612000

Some good looking calls, I really like those strikers.  :icon_thumright:

scoot12

Lonnie Mabry builds some awesome pot and box calls,  best deal going in the custom call world in my opinion,  his slate over cherry soundboard is an awesome sounding slate.  Glass and box calls are great as well.  Congrats on your calls.  Scoot

klemsontigers7

Quote from: scoot12 on February 19, 2014, 11:53:28 AM
  Lonnie Mabry builds some awesome pot and box calls,  best deal going in the custom call world in my opinion,  his slate over cherry soundboard is an awesome sounding slate.  Glass and box calls are great as well.  Congrats on your calls.  Scoot

Yep, they sound good!

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

Turkey Trot

His aluminum pot, long box, standard glass with entirety of the surface roughed, scratch box, jet slate type, and wingbone all sound good too.  He also has a wooden tongue call that he runs well but I cannot.

A hunter in GA could go see Lonnie and get every call he would ever need, except for a mouthcall, and get high quality at a bargain price.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

dreis3

Keep rubbin' it in on those of us up north  :character0029:

Congrats on some fine calls!   :drool:
D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com

tomstopper

REBELYELL

He makes some of the best and the best deal out there for a pure hen turkey call. He knows what they sound like and if they don't sound that way when done, he chunks them in the wood heater. His aluminum call sounds great. 

letinmfly

Today I had the good fortune to join the ranks of the northern guys to own Lonnie's calls.  A good friend went to see Lonnie and picked these up for me.  just got today and I couldn't be happier with these calls.
Lonnie makes  some great calls!!
Purpleheart/Sassafras box, a slate, a glass and an aluminum call.  All killers!!!!!

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

Muzzy61

Quote from: letinmfly on February 21, 2014, 01:38:35 PM
Today I had the good fortune to join the ranks of the northern guys to own Lonnie's calls.  A good friend went to see Lonnie and picked these up for me.  just got today and I couldn't be happier with these calls.
Lonnie makes  some great calls!!
Purpleheart/Sassafras box, a slate, a glass and an aluminum call.  All killers!!!!!

Sweet!
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

REBELYELL

That's a very nice batch Lou. How does that aluminum call sound?

letinmfly

Quote from: REBELYELL on February 21, 2014, 05:32:47 PM
That's a very nice batch Lou. How does that aluminum call sound?

Jody that aluminum is one the best I've heard. I need to get the striker that you got with yours. Next time.
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

outdoors

DOES HE HAVE A PH. NUMBER ??
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field