turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hooks calls

Started by Mossberg835, February 27, 2013, 07:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobblerstopper

It has nothing to do with giving the answer that people want to hear. It has everything to do with respecting a person who works very hard and would have replaced your calls and probably thrown something in for your troubles.

I like the Sassy Gal 2. 

Roostem33

Executioner for me too!!
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

ridgerunner

Wood haven copperhead best mouth call made today

backwater

Executioner for me as well.   Scott's customer service is top notch.

spaightlabs

Got my calls from Scott already today, 36 hours from order to delivery with Scott's standard shipping.

I've had a ton of luck with his calls in the past and I'm sure this batch won't disappoint.

wvcurlytop

All of us who has ever used a turkey call could post what we didn't like about them, regardless of the brand.  I don't think we want to get into that as that could get ugly plus it is totally disrespectful.  So if you don't like hook's calls, or don't use them, find another post to do your bashing.  I personally look forward to reading this one for a reference on future purchases.  If one brand was the greatest there would only be one brand to buy.  Nuff said...

Longbeardfever4ever

I'm a big fan of "The Pro."  It comes in the hunter's pack, but Scott can make it separate.

Hook's Custom Calls
Keep The Fever Custom Calls
Romans 3:24

dreis3

Quote from: redleg06 on February 28, 2013, 12:47:38 PM
Quote from: skos29 on February 28, 2013, 11:27:01 AM
Quote from: redleg06 on February 28, 2013, 09:21:27 AM
Quote from: skos29 on February 27, 2013, 11:57:50 PM
True but I would rather put my trust in a call that you can rely on when you need it like a WoodHaven.

Is there an Agenda here? 

It's cool if you want to use woodhaven calls (or any brand) but the guy asked for an Opinion on which hooks call to use... If you dont use them, that's ok, just dont reply to the topic, especially if you havent even tried to resolve the problem with hooks.

I've never personally had any problems with Hooks calls and the guys seem to be first rate, in my dealings with them over the last 4 years.  Like others have said, If you have an issue with them, they would be the first to help you fix it.

No agenda at all. Just stating a fact that in my opinion that I was not happy with the quality of the Hooks call and was dismayed how quickly they came apart. I'm sure their customer service is good but I would rather have a good product and not have to deal with having to use a companies customer service. Never have had any issues with a Woodhavens call and am also a huge fan of the XT calls. The last I knew this was America and I have the right of Freedom of Speech and I was just stating my opinion. So sorry I upset you so much so that you think that there is some kind of conspricacy here by stating an opinion on a product. Geeezzzzzzz

I have absolutely NO affiliation with hooks but I'd say the same thing about any other company.  I'd say your experience with their calls is the exception to the rule because I've probably had 25-30 of their calls over the last few years and NOT ONE has had an issue.  I couldnt care less what call brand you use...totally your choice, but I dont think it's appropriate to come on and essentially bash a particular company in a public setting, while propping up another brand that YOU prefer better.

I'd feel differently if the OP asked "what's been yall's experience with the quality level of hook's products?"  or something similar but he didnt. You have the right to say whatever you want, I just dont think it's necessary to come on an internet forum (that 100's or 1000's of people can read) and go out of your way to prop up a brand of call that YOU like, while dismissing the OP's question all together and talking negatively about the brand he's asking about.
The OP asked what type of hooks call you prefer, and you dont prefer any of them so why comment?

X2 well said redleg!
D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com

tha bugman

slicksbeagles1

I like the executioner, executioner 2 [one of my favorites now], persuader, devastator. All of Scott's calls are the best in my opinion.

Jbird22

skos29, did you take the time to call Scott and tell him about your issues with his calls? If you didn't give him a chance to make it right then you have no right to blast him on an open forum like this. I've used Scott's calls for 4-5 years and they are consistent from one to the next and will last several seasons if you take care of them. I did have a problem with the tape on a few of his calls 2 years ago but after a phone call to him I had several new pieces of tape in my mail box. ALL call makers are prone to have issues with tape though. They're at the mercy of their suppliers and it has actually been noted that tape has been very hit and miss lately.

The Executioner 2, 3 reed V, Duplicator, and Eradicator in junior frames are my personal favorites.

Devastator

i have been ordering from scott since i found this forum and just got 5 devastators and 3 executioners,plus 2 river bosses in the mail today.the river bosses sound awesome!and i know the mouth calls are the best i have ever run for myself.scott will stand behind his product 100%,give him a chance!!never had a mouth call come apart from him and i hammer on mouth calls!

Turkey Trot

Quote from: ridgerunner on February 28, 2013, 07:38:49 PM

It's a good or great call for some people, including the friends that convinced me to buy it.

It's pedestrian to me.

There is not a "best call."  Period.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

ridgerunner

Quote from: Turkey Trot on March 01, 2013, 03:07:48 PM
Quote from: ridgerunner on February 28, 2013, 07:38:49 PM

It's a good or great call for some people, including the friends that convinced me to buy it.

It's pedestrian to me.

There is not a "best call."  Period.

I'll agree since best call is going to be based on each individuals personal preference ..what you like, I may think sucks..so best call is what I feel is best..I'll concede that fact..Like Ford Chevy or Toyota..to each his own.

Ded Goblr

I have many Hooks calls, the executioner2 is a great all around call. I have many other favorites and spend atleast 1 hour every day using one. In the years that I have been using Hooks calls I have never had a bad one. If I did I would call Scott and he'd send me a new one. My experience with Hooks has been execellent with customer service second to none..  A shout out to Houndstooth, Cramer and pittman calls as well..