OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Halloran Twisted Sister or Crystal Mistress?????????

Started by SKFOOTER, March 29, 2012, 05:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S.

If I were you guys, I would look hard at the Halloran Double Glass, that is the one I chose. A guy I know asked David last week on the phone what call he would choose if he could only take one call to the woods; his answer was "the Mistress with the Double Glass a close second". I thought this was worth sharing. As others have stated, I cannot imagine anyone being disappointed with any of his pots as I have heard numerous success stories about all of them. Best of luck with your final choice.
Andy S.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.

gatrkyhntr70

The double glass is another great one!! David knows how to make a deadly turkey call!!
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

worth612000

Hey drenalinld,

Wanted to say "Thanks" for the sound clips

James

drenalinld

You are welcome. I hope it helps you make up your mind. My motto is when in doubt buy them both. As stated his double glass and his slates are also freakishly good.

worth612000

I already have the crystal mistress, but that was the first time I had heard the twisted sister. Good job on the sound clips. :fud: :OGani:

Snoody Bastid

I picked up a Twisted Sister last week and Man that call sounds & looks great. I had a Crystal Mistress last year and I couldn't get it to sound good. I sounded like a South Bronx pigeon. (It was me, not the call).

SKFOOTER

Dave Halloran called me back last Thursday afternoon and I told him what I was looking for in his calls and he suggessted the Crystal Mistress and said he would go thru them and send me the raspiest one he had.   He shipped it out from New York on Friday and I received it here in West Tennessee yesterday(Monday).  Now that's what I call service.  And by the way, it is the best sounding friction call that I own.  And I have a cabinet full!! :turkey2:

TauntoHawk

thats great!

I paired an Ivory tip over Cocolobo striker from gobblerstopper with my Twisted Sister... you ever get the chance pick one up, WELL worth it.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

siyakadog

I do not have a Twisted Sister, but the turkey sure like the Crystal Mistress.  The first year I had mine, I was using my old tried n true slate call,  the gobblers were quiet that morning ony shock gobbling at an owl.  The CM was new so I hadn't tried it on a bird yet,  I hit the call and 9 different toms cut me off every time a did a call sequence, the whole ridge lit up w gobbles.  Needless to say I never leave home without it.

drenalinld

Quote from: SKFOOTER on April 03, 2012, 04:14:24 PM
Dave Halloran called me back last Thursday afternoon and I told him what I was looking for in his calls and he suggessted the Crystal Mistress and said he would go thru them and send me the raspiest one he had.   He shipped it out from New York on Friday and I received it here in West Tennessee yesterday(Monday).  Now that's what I call service.  And by the way, it is the best sounding friction call that I own.  And I have a cabinet full!! :turkey2:

He is a great guy and makes killer calls. Glad you like it.

herronjr

guys all i use is davids calls his mouth calls are great to and the crystal mistress is the best call i own.

HoggleGobble

gobbler336

Quote from: HoggleGobble on April 05, 2012, 03:08:28 PM
Does anybody else own his cackling crystal??

yep, a fine call in its self. does he still produce it?

FloppinTom

Go early, stay late, be patient and sit still.

WNY Bowhunter

I'm a huge fan of crystal calls.  Currently, I own a Woodhaven Vision (my go to call), a Woodhaven Cherry Classic and a Supreme Pure Death Pinnacle.   Last year I bought a Crystal Misstress and ended up selling it to a buddy who just loves it.  Even though I really tried to talk myself out of buying another one, I couldn't resist it and just ordered a Twisted Sister from Mack's Prairie Wings (on sale for $49.99).  I'm leaving for KY friday morning so I had it overnighted.  I ended up paying only a couple dollars more than I would  have at regular price with standard shipping.  They said that I should have it by tomorrow.  Can't wait to get my hands on it!!!  :you_rock:    
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."