OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

crystal pot ?

Started by otis, March 19, 2012, 09:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

otis

who makes a good crystal pot  call

otis

wisconsinteacher

I just got a crystal pot from Misfire and it is great.  It is crystal over glass and the wood is flamed box elder.  It looks great and sounds wonderful.

870BkWht

Andy Kaiser makes a fantastic crystal.  I also just purchased a David Halloran Twisted Sister that is the bomb.  One of the best things I ever spent 65$ on. 

scoot12

Hallorans crystal mistress is great and from what I hear the twisted sister is awesome as well.  Southland game callls makes the yellowheart crystal which is another great call.  Blackstone custom calls makes a sweet cherry crystal that is a cherry pot with crystal over cherry soundboard.  I like wood soundboards in crystal or glass calls.  Scoot

cannonball

Halloran Crystal Mistress, Twisted Sister, and Houndstooth bronze glass. I have all three and they are all awesome.

pappy

Jamie, I would go with David's crystal mistress pot...or the twisted sister, he has some of the best crystal pots I have ever heard, and I have heard plenty ...pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

TauntoHawk

I recently got a Halloran Twisted Sister crystal over slate call. Almost everyone that has heard the call has since purchased one, its that kind of good.

It sounds great with almost every striker I've tried with it but I paired it up last night with a Cocobolo Ivory tipped striker from gobblerstopper and the call started spitting feathers.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Turkey Trot

Just out of curiosity, why crystal?  Is it because you don't have one on hand?

I spoke with Lon Trice (DD Adams winner 2011 and 2012) recently and asked if he was making and selling many crystal calls.  He stated that since he transitioned to bronzed glass and it sounds so good that he was rarely making crystal pots. 
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

letinmfly

Andy Kaiser's GS1.  I like it and the birds love it!!  :z-winnersmiley:
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

Scout24

Another for Hallorans, the new Twisted Sister is super raspy with a ton of rollover.

worth612000

Woodhaven vision and cherry, Hallorans mistress and sister , Southland yellowheart , all great choices
crystal has been my go to call for awhile now

otis

:wave:   i wanted one just because i dont have one in my case thats all
thanks alot guys for all the info  what is the difference in bronze glass and crystal in sound

otis

JohnnieB

I have a small collection of crystal calls and the Twisted Sister is by far the most awesome of them all. As far as the "Why crystal?" goes,it has a very high pitch that really carries well.

Houndstooth Game Calls

I have played all of the calls listed here and they are great calls including they are indeed great calls.. I like bronze glass in my pot design it will play equal to crystal with out being a pain to condition. But I do garuntee it will overwhelm most any regular crystal on volume and for power yelping but get soft as a tree yelp. Like I said that's just how the design of the pot just happened. But any of the calls listed are great calls for sure Otis and all great people! :icon_thumright:

West Augusta

No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.