OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mid west Call Competition

Started by neal, December 09, 2011, 02:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neal

Hey guys just wanted to give you a heads up Midwest call competition is right around the corner, I see so many great calls on here would love to see some at the competition as well. Anyone needs any info pm me or go to WI NWTF site. We will again have some great judges this year some will be, Don Bald legendary call maker, Gene Upward legendary call maker, Scott Wilhelm 2011 National Friction Champ, Chad Zutter top box call maker was in Earls book, Myself 2011 MN state friction champ and many other very qualified judges.

So pick out your best stuff and send it up, can't wait to run some of the nations best calls.

Neal
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

scoot12

Neal,  Its going to be great to finally meet some of the guys I have calls from.  I can't wait to run the calls and hopefully I don't embarass myself in the hunters friction division.  Scoot

neal

Also here is the link for rules and registration forms  http://nwtf-wi.org/conventions.aspx

Scoot we're all in it for the same thing to be better turkey hunters all you can do is show up try and most importantly have fun!

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

WillowRidgeCalls

It will be a great time again this year. I'm hoping to make it fri. and sat. again this year. See you boys up there.
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

pappy

I wished Wisconsin was just a few miles from me, I would love to be there, but the best I can do is send a couple of callers, already have them done and waiting to mail out. pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

merocustomcalls

I'll be there again like every year....always a fun time to hang out with the guys.

stone road turkey calls

I'm going to enter two pot calls, never entered a contest before allready had my 15 minents of fame. hopefuly they will sell and help the NWTF. mabey I will place and mabey pigs will fly. I do make a good sounding call however all my witnessis are dead.sounds like fun good luck to everyone

stone
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

Jacobson

This is right in my backyard.......... I am planing on attending this year. Should be awesome. A guy can never have to many calls..

TRKYHTR

Can somebody explain to me what this Midwest call competition is? I don't live in the mid west. Does it happen at a specific location? Is it something you send your calls too to get judged? I remember a few years ago when Turkey and Turkey hunting had some type of call competition. I have some calls that are going to the NWTF convention but I have never heard of this before? Thanks,

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

WillowRidgeCalls

The Midwest Competition is the second biggest call competition in the US, other than the Nationals. It's held in WI at our State Convention every year. It draws builders from all over the US and Canada. It's held in January. This year it's Jan 12-15 2012.
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

woodwzrd

I am planning on heading down there this year. It will be my second year down there and first time to ever enter any calls. I will have some hunters and decoratives. Probably five or six total. I figured if I am going to go I might as well go. It would be great to meet some of you guys that are going to be there.

neal

Coming up next week! Hope to see some great calls!

BigGobbler

Can you only enter one in each division or are you allowed to stack the deck?

lightsoutcalls

Calls have to be pre-registered (received in WI) by 1/7.  If it hadn't been for an email I got from Midwest Turkey Call Supply, I wouldn't have made the entry deadline.  As it is, I just dropped off a box with 6 calls headed to WI at lunch today. 

There is a decorative division and a hunting call division.  I know that you can send 2 entries for each category in the hunting call division.  Here is the info from the email I received on the contest:

Wisconsin Chapter's 2012 Midwest Turkey Call Competition
Deadline - January 7, 2012
Contact Earl Duckett ducknest1@gmail.com
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Spring Creek Calls

Thanks for the heads up Wendel!

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com