turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ivory Colored Spurs

Started by SKFOOTER, May 18, 2017, 12:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKFOOTER

I've been turkey hunting for 40 years and I've killed my share of longbeards.  But one of the birds I killed this season had ivory colored spurs.  First gobbler I've ever seen like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TauntoHawk

I love all the little genetic variations in birds that can be found, keeps you coming back for more. Those are some of the purest ivory I've seen.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

tha bugman

cool!  Amazing turkey hunting is like a box of chocolates....

Hooksfan

Man, you weren't kidding.   I have never seen a spur that was that pure white.  Pretty cool.

mgm1955

Roost 1

I like to call pearlie whites... especially when are attached to white legs.. I've killed several over the years.

Ozarks Hillbilly

The toe nails seem to be white as well. Very unique

wvboy

Pretty.. They exist for sure.. :)

RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

JK Spurs

Here's one I killed this year....ivory with black tips.

I like my turkey well peppered

Farmboy27

Some cool looking spurs there fellas!! 

Rzrbac

I've killed one like that. The best set of spurs I have ever taken were like that. I should have saved them but just never got into saving them. They were probably 1 1/2".  I killed him on a private farm that had not been hunted in years.  He was probably a pretty old bird. He was strutting behind 3 hens and another gobbler.  I shot figuring he was the best of the two.  This was back when we took them to the checking station and they were weighed. He was only 16 lbs and had the thinnest 9" beard I have ever seen.

grayfox

Killed this one 2014 season.

DSCF3800 by Grayfox 2017, on Flickr

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

MK M GOBL

I have killed a few :)

Couple of good ones on this chain

MK M GOBL

mikejd

Quote from: MK M GOBL on May 18, 2017, 10:04:40 PM
I have killed a few :)

Nice. Good looking spurs right there.

Couple of good ones on this chain

MK M GOBL