turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Double on Opening Weekend

Started by Heeter, April 11, 2012, 11:28:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heeter

We hunted my buddies farm Saturday and didn't get anything going so Sunday morning we decided to head to my place and see what was going on. I parked the truck on the gravel road between some tall Pines. We arrived a little early so we just decided to sit in the truck and wait for it to get a little brighter. The road we were sitting on goes through a section of pines and then opens up to two hardwood hollers on both sides. So it finally gets daylight enough to get out. So we got our stuff together and lean up against the truck hoping to hear one within a few hundred yards. It got to about the time I thought they should gobble and we haven't heard a thing and at this point we were just kind of scratching our heads wondering what we should do next when a bird gobbled about 60 yards from the truck and we both about wilted. So we just stood there no being able to move until he flew down into the holler. Finally after he gobbled about 15 times we heard him fly down. I ran to the edge of the hardwoods and sat down while my buddy stayed behind me calling, within 3 minutes he was on the road with me hammering. Luckily there was a bend in the road where he couldn't see the truck and he strutted on in to about 25 yards and i let him have it. We high fived and realized it was only 6:30 so we decided to head to my buddies farm and he finally killed his at 11.

Cut EM

ceejay

Congrats.  A couple of nice birds !!

mnturkey

Congratulations, looks like a couple nice birds and a easy hunt for the first one.
SEMPER FI

Heeter

Thanks guys! They are henned up bad right now so we just have to wait patiently for now
Cut EM

DirtNap647

yelpy

surehuntsalot

very nice...congrats to you both
it's not the harvest,it's the chase