turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

cabelas leafy suits or ghillie suit

Started by tomanyturkeycalls, April 01, 2012, 06:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomanyturkeycalls

I know they are not  needed over regular camo but does anyone wear the ghillie or leafy suits from cabelas? any input on any of them... when it says one size fits all on the whole suit .. I need a extralarge top but large or mediums on the bottoms... Thought maybe the pants would be to big on the leafy suits... looking at the obsession leafy pro 2 system or maybe  just camo pants and green ghillie top... Thanks for any input   

Gamblinman

If I was going to go the direction of a leafy suit, I'd go to a Shannon's BugTamer suit and pick up the benefits of bug and flying insect protection....

http://www.bugtamer.com/big_leaf.html
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

worth612000

Yea that bug protection sounds really nice. Nothing worse that when a thousand Nat size mosquitoes find you.

paladin

I have a Bug Tamer leafy suit. It works on mosqutoes and as good camo. it is light and cool too.
"have gun-will travel"

Trevor2

Idk where you hunt but it's too hot most tn spring seasons for guile suit. I would go with bug tamer suit as mentioned.
Strutstopper

ghillie

I built my own ghillie suit....chaps, coat and head cover.  They are not as hot as one would think and it works wonders for getting hid

nitro

We don't use the bug tamers in SC much since the invention of the Thermacell...

When we did use them late season, here's  a pro tip -

Dunk your leafy suit in your cooler of ice and water... wring it out, put it on  and go hunt... as it drys and the water evaporates, it cools you off...

Works real well.
Royal Slam 2008