OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

what boots do you wear turkey hunting...?

Started by DirtNap647, March 31, 2012, 05:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtNap647

in the market for some new boots for turkey huntin was wondering what you guys wear im thinkin about a nice pair of waterproof hiking boots anyone else wear these seems they would be a little less noisey and alot more comfortable

55esox

I've used the LL Bean boots for 20+ years and really like them. Recently I just picked up a pair of Under Armour hiking type boots (Speed Freaks?) for a little more rugged terrain, and I think those will be nice too.

I like the LL Beans because they are great for walking quiet. The soles are soft enough that you can feep the twigs you step on and not sound like a 3 ring circus walking through the woods.

stinkpickle

I use either Danner Pronghorns or their Pronghorn snakeboots in tall, wet grass or mud. 

bird

Danner Kestrel or LL Bean Hunter Hikers here.

mcgruff1533

I wear an old pair of my Danner work boots.    They don't take a shine very well, but the Goretex is still good and they don't leak.

jblackburn

I've had a few. I really liked my lacrosse alpha burleys, they were super comfortable, but only lasted a season and a half. I recently bought some muck boots, I wore them mushroom hunting, they are comfortable, but a little hot.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

runngun

Rocky Aztecs for me I have had them for the last two seasons, not a single problem with them. They have quite a few miles on them!!!
I can tell you this, there was a recent post about socks, several posted about the under amour boots socks. I went and bought some, they are AWESOME!!! Get ya some!!!
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Ky strutt n bust n

i love my muck boots bout to retire a pair ive wore the crap out of in 4 years. from turkey to deer to duck hunting very comfy and all around not to hot. of coarse i dont sweat and get hot but i like em

Tail Feathers

I usually wear some Cabelas 8" boots, can't recall the name.
I sometimes wear BassPro lace up snake boots and Cabelas Pinnacle snake boots.  The Pinnacles are zip up.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

cannonball

Muck Woody Armour snake boots in the spring, Muck Woody Max when it's cold.

sippy cup

DANNER OR RUSSELL MOCCOSIONS SNAKE BOOTS :turkey2: :turkey2:
beware of longdale legend

pseshooter300

Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

BigMick

Danner Pronghorn Snake boots.  Just got them last fall.  Wore them a couple of times bowhunting and several times now scouting turkey.
They are COMFORTABLE and DRY.  My two biggest requirements! 
I also got some of the Under Amour socks.  GREAT investment!   :you_rock: :you_rock: :you_rock:

MiamiE

I've got some Rocky's I use for all seasons but lately they've been leaking big time. Thinking of buying some LaCrosse boots.

mikejd

I have been wearing the cabelas i believe duratax the uninsulated pair for about 10yrs. they are comfortable and do not fail. I hunt at least 40 days a year in them I fish in them about 10 times a year. And this year for my hunting club work party was so wet I worked in them for a whole long weekend, what i am saying is these boots are durable as hell. They are great for the wet springs we have been having. I turned about 6 guys onto these and have had all of them thank me. hiking boots are nice and of coarse comfortable but it just seems that the rubber is always needed you know them high water sping streams swamps .....