turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

the ol' gov's pardon!!!

Started by stinkpickle, January 11, 2012, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Gregg

Dude, I supported Barbour throughout his tenure, but this really gets me.
Yep, he actually pardoned 200 all together. He could have left on a tremendous high note but messed that up.

mossy835

Hognutz

The pardon of convicted killers should be illegal. A guy that smoked some pot 20 years ago, I can understand, but not a murderer, rapist, or the like..He (Barbour) should be ashamed of himself, and held accountable..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

vicksburg

Quote from: Hognutz on January 11, 2012, 03:38:38 PM
The pardon of convicted killers should be illegal. A guy that smoked some pot 20 years ago, I can understand, but not a murderer, rapist, or the like..He (Barbour) should be ashamed of himself, and held accountable..
AGREE 100%!!!
]

stuball

"The four murderers who received full pardons last week -- Gatlin, Joseph Ozment, Charles Hooker and Anthony McCray -- were all serving life sentences and worked as inmate trusties at the governor's mansion, said Suzanne Singletary, spokeswoman for the Mississippi Department of Corrections. Trusties are inmates who can receive additional rights through good behavior."

Think that something to do with it?

kamski1151

When I'm not in the woods, I'm honkin on a Blues Harp

turkey slayer

BOFF

vaturkey

Just seen on the news where the new Gov. is trying to block all of the pardons ! Sure hope he does !
Vaturkey

a-j calls

Just shows the stupidity isn't just a Washington thing.

Neill_Prater

I don't see a single problem with the pardon. In fact, I think the government ought to bring in surplus FEMA trailers for the guys to move into, you know, to kind of help them in their transition. And, since the ex-governor was so instrumental in this compassionate release, I think they should all be placed in Barbour's neighborhood!  :) Neill

Eric Gregg

Good news, the new administration is working to curb this.
The good news is this is the one thing that the Dems and Rep can agree on and bringing some unity.

We all want to know that we are safe and protect our neighbors.

Gus_13

Being from MS I have tried to watch this as much as possible.  I cannot believe he did this.  There are so many people that this affects.  The judge and jury who convicted them.  The law enforcement who risked their lives to catch them.  The victims... This is just crazy to do.  It is like they wasted there time in the efforts to bring about justice when they are wiped clean in a matter of seconds.  And why?  Bc they washed the cars and kept the lawn cut??  How does someone get a sentence reduced because of that??
Strut. Gobble. Die.