OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tough ol' gator!

Started by stinkpickle, June 02, 2011, 10:51:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stinkpickle

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/06/02/2920682/police-shoot-gator-find-out-its.html

"Police responding to an alligator sighting in a suburban Kansas City pond took quick action to dispatch the big reptile.

It wasn't until after the second rifle shot bounced off the beast Sunday that the three Independence officers realized it was a concrete lawn ornament.

Independence police spokesman Tom Gentry says the department received a call from a man who said a gator had been spotted in the woods.

Gentry says the alligator was in the weeds near a tree by a pond and it looked real. An officer shot the gator twice in the head — per instructions from a conservation officer — before realizing it wasn't moving.

Gentry says the landowner told officers he put the fake gator there to keep children off his property.

| The Associated Press"

ghillie

Oops!!   Bet someones gonna get a talkin to!!!

DeWayne Knight

I read this and wondered what the heck the caller was doing tresspassing on the owner's land to even see the "gator".  Secondly, I wonder why the police would not talk with the landowner first?

barry

Them concrete gators are tuff!!!

CSAW

At least they hit it!   :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

davisd9

Is there even alligators in Missouri?  :o
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

stinkpickle

Quote from: davisd9 on June 02, 2011, 02:28:28 PM

Apparently not.   :laugh:

Gobble!

:bike2:
ima guna shootz me a gator boyz!!!!!

LX_Trkyhntr

Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: davisd9 on June 02, 2011, 02:28:28 PM

Nope and we don't want them. 

turkey slayer

Quote from: DeWayne Knight on June 02, 2011, 11:35:52 AM
I read this and wondered what the heck the caller was doing tresspassing on the owner's land to even see the "gator".  Secondly, I wonder why the police would not talk with the landowner first?
:agreed:  sounds kinda strange?

redarrow

I can hear Elly Mae now " come quick grannie,they's a big ol gator in tha cement pond. We best be gettin Uncle Jeds twice barreled shoot gun."