OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Mossberg 500 Super Bantam Turkey.....any way to fix the awful trigger?

Started by Matt / PA, May 28, 2013, 12:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt / PA

I have crappy surplus SKS's with triggers 2X better than this thing has........It has a HUGE amount of spongy travel, then hits a wall that feels like the safety is still on, and then grits and creeps its way into the break after you stomp on it. It's flat out terrible.
Anybody know of a quick fix, aftermarket sear spring, trigger group........anything that will improve it?

I bought this gun for my wife to use and I was able to get her first PA gobbler in front of it this year. (Hevi #7, HS Undertaker ported choke, 30ish yards)
Patterns nice and she loves the weight and easy handling but the trigger needs to go! If it had a better trigger I might carry it now and then on long hike filled hunts.

And of course I'll show off her first PA gobbler, and not from a blind either........run and gun big woods style! Very proud of her!  :happy0064:

gobblergls

A competent gunsmith can tame the trigger.   It's a complex trigger group and not for the faint of heart.  No shady tree gunsmithery.   I had mine worked on and it is crisp and light.  Gil

vicksburg

Quote from: Matt / PA on May 28, 2013, 12:00:36 PM
I have crappy surplus SKS's with triggers 2X better than this thing has........It has a HUGE amount of spongy travel, then hits a wall that feels like the safety is still on, and then grits and creeps its way into the break after you stomp on it. It's flat out terrible.

The one i bought for my son is the SAME way.  I definitely have to get something done to the trigger before next season...
]

Tom Dooley

http://www.ezpulltriggerassist.com/
I have one of these Trigger Assist on my sons gun. We like it fine. It makes it easy to pull. It does have creep but that doesn't give us a problem. In fact my son likes it that way. You start pulling the trigger and the gun kinda goes off unexpectant.