OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Federal hw new lots???

Started by Cthornt3, April 03, 2013, 04:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cthornt3

Just bought a few boxes of the 37PN lots
And was wondering if anyone has tried these yet? Saw a few guys talkin about them but havnt heard any feed back on how they patern compared to u lots. Thanks

spurz

Shootin some on Friday.I'll post results.

spurz

Shot some of the 37PN lots this morning out if my sons 870 with a Hastings .562, averaged 155 in a  10 inch circle at 40 yards.Cleaned barrel in between shots.Really good even patterns.Heading to KY for youth season.

savduck

Georgia Boy

Tom Foolery

I've got 6 boxes and they have all ran 120-145 through my .570 Tightwad and .550 SSX with very even patterns out to a 20" circle.

BenW

140's with a 575 Carlson

170's with a Indian Creek

Cthornt3

Man I don't know what I'm going wrong I shot a few today and the best numbers I got was 115. I tried three different chokes and IC, hs strut undertaker and a tru glo. All shot from a 21" in 870. Any suggestions?

ahfox16

They stunk out of my gun.  Was using a Nova with a .575 carlsons and a Sumtoy .562-5.  William at Sumtoy is sending me a another sumtoy in .570.  He said these seemed to be loaded a bit faster and therefore like less choke.  He also told me automatics seem to shoot them better then pumps because they bleed of some of the gas the velocity is a tad less.  Time will tell.

Philippe

Just like i tell anyone shooting a 20ga 870 and federal heavyweights, the remington superfull .570 or .572 chokes, you may be pleasently surprised.

goblr77

Quote from: Philippe on April 07, 2013, 10:19:14 AM
Just like i tell anyone shooting a 20ga 870 and federal heavyweights, the remington superfull .570 or .572 chokes, you may be pleasently surprised.

My 870 didn't like those chokes at all.

Quax

Just shot my sons winchester ranger 120 this morning with an undertaker.572; posted 168. Pleasantly surprised with that coming out a 22" barrel. Paid $13 on clearance for that choke lol

chode2235

Im shooting this lot too.  I'm shooting it out of a Franchi Affinity 20 with a pure gold tempest 570.  The pattern was pretty impressive up to about 30 yards, but anything further than that it really broke apart.

I contacted Bill @ Pure Gold and he is going to be sending me the tighter (555 tempest) to try out.  Hopefully that is the ticket, as they're not cheap to pattern.

sevetts

that lot # is the best ive shot, ive got 3 boxes left and would buy some more.....