OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What's in a name?

Started by runngun, January 21, 2024, 05:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zobo

^^That's awesome, nice perk!^^
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Sixes

Quote from: Zobo on February 02, 2024, 06:20:29 PM

Yes, we begged and pleaded our case for 20+ years and finally got to the right man to green light the hunting. It's archery tackle only, but it is still a great perk.

Here are the 2 bucks killed by a coworker this past season including one that was killed with 20 minutes to go on the last day this past Wednesday. It's the second pic

runngun

Man that is so awesome!!! This is what it is all about!!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Sir-diealot

The Sir part comes from my love of midevil times, my mother gave me a book when I was 9-12 I guess that was on knights weapons, armor and siege weapons and that started that love for me.

When I had my car accident in 2001 I was not able to stand, sit, lay down or do much of anything for very long but I had a friend that had this one computer chair that I could sit in without much pain and I got into computer gaming when sitting at his computer. I also wound up getting my own gaming rigs and went to a LAN party (Where gamers get together at someones house or rent out a hotel meeting room play video games on their computers together) with some friends and my friend Jerry walked behind me and was watching me and said "Man you die a lot" and that is where the diealot comes from. I like to be kind of humorous in my own odd little way so I combined the two to become Sir-diealot I will never change the name, my mother died a long time ago and Jerry died much to soon leaving behind 3 kids including a daughter that was born after he passed. I do all I can with them but they are all grown up and on their own now. Man time flies fast.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

YoungGobbler

Quote from: Sixes on February 02, 2024, 07:08:05 PM
Quote from: Zobo on February 02, 2024, 06:20:29 PM

Yes, we begged and pleaded our case for 20+ years and finally got to the right man to green light the hunting. It's archery tackle only, but it is still a great perk.

Here are the 2 bucks killed by a coworker this past season including one that was killed with 20 minutes to go on the last day this past Wednesday. It's the second pic
That's very nice!!

reflexl

30 Years ago I went bow hunting crazy. I watched Phil Phillip's hunting video "Cowboy in Africa" in which he used a reflex bow. I went and bought a reflex bow. When I first signed on to Old Gobbler there was a glitch in the software. I registered with a name I used on numerous forums "reflex264". We tried to fix it at the time and it wasn't cooperating so I just changed it to "reflexl' which was the first letter I hit on the keyboard after I typed reflex. It stuck with a bunch of my buddies so I am still reflexl. 

Sanders153

Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 03, 2024, 12:24:14 AM
The Sir part comes from my love of midevil times, my mother gave me a book when I was 9-12 I guess that was on knights weapons, armor and siege weapons and that started that love for me.

When I had my car accident in 2001 I was not able to stand, sit, lay down or do much of anything for very long but I had a friend that had this one computer chair that I could sit in without much pain and I got into computer gaming when sitting at his computer. I also wound up getting my own gaming rigs and went to a LAN party (Where gamers get together at someones house or rent out a hotel meeting room play video games on their computers together) with some friends and my friend Jerry walked behind me and was watching me and said "Man you die a lot" and that is where the diealot comes from. I like to be kind of humorous in my own odd little way so I combined the two to become Sir-diealot I will never change the name, my mother died a long time ago and Jerry died much to soon leaving behind 3 kids including a daughter that was born after he passed. I do all I can with them but they are all grown up and on their own now. Man time flies fast.

I had wondered about the origin of that name my friend, it's very clever I think! I thought it might could have been a reference to a crazy number of longbeards that you had sent to the promise land lol

Zobo

Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 03, 2024, 12:24:14 AM

We were waiting for this
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

roberthyman14

No meaning to mine.  Messed up when I made my account and can't change it on my own.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

Neill_Prater

Well, back shortly after the turn of the century, we bought our first PC and I was signing up for the old NWTF forum when it asked for a username and I thought it meant my name, so........

By the time I joined OG, I thought what the hell, everyone knows who I am, so, why worry about it now?

My primary "day job" for 30 years of my life was running a wholesale milk route. I retired at 59 in 2010 from the dairy, but still have a seasonal mowing business.

I went to work at age 12 in a grocery store and owned a couple of small stores along the way as well.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

squidd

Go Navy!  squid was already taken, 28-yrs of active and reserve fun!!   

Also retiring next week after 34-yrs working at nuclear and fossil plants. 

:turkey2:

RustyBarrels

the Ward

Mine is my nickname I've had for 35 years or so. There is a pretty funny story as how I got it, but it is a little too long to type out here.

Haypatch

Haypatch is the hunting club i grew up hunting! Hunted there 24yrs before we lost it! All my 1st were killed there also my son's 1st deer!

Been a manager at an Automotive Paint supply jobber store for 23 yrs now!
Pretty good at matching hard to match colors and tinting paint to get it just right!!

RoadRunner

My stepfather gave it to me about 45 years ago as my handle for talking on a CB radio. I was a teen at the time and we were always outside playing somewhere on our dead-end street that was surrounded by woods.