OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Any Cody lovers?

Started by captin_hook, April 03, 2012, 07:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

captin_hook

Any Cody users here? If so which is your favorite?

Gobble!

used to really like my drop dead series slate till I got a scream demon.

reflexl

My Envy glass call has called in around 20 birds to their death. I use a Woodhaven birch striker on it. reflexl

gwa

I run a Cody World Class glass and a Spec 1 slate

Strut Buster

Ethics & Respect First

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

captin_hook

I never ran spec, little too pricey for me, but is there much of a difference between the spec and the drop dead series or the Cody II?

WildTigerTrout

"Envy" glass and slate. "Woodsman" slate and glass. Cody II slate and glass. Hey I really like Cody calls! :lol:
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

BowBendr

I have an Envy glass that I killed a bunch of birds with. With the right striker it's awful tough to beat.

decoykrvr

I bought a slate Cody "World Class" from Bill in 1993 for, the then, outrageous sum of $65.00.  I've got some great "custom calls" made by some of the best call makers on this site, but I would get rid of all of them before I got shed of my "World Class".  I've killed a bunch of birds w/ the call and literally talked to hundreds of turkeys w/ the call.  When I say "talked", I mean the classic back and forth conversations.  Bill Zearing is a true friction call pioneer, a really nice person, and in my experience a real asset to the sport of turkey hunting and calling.  Are his high end calls worth the price?  Is a Stradivarius just a high dollar fiddle?

captin_hook