OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Convention Calls

Started by TRKYHTR, February 13, 2012, 07:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRKYHTR

As a callmaker I took a few of my trumpets and tubes to the convention. Mostly as trade bait to see if some of the call makers would want to trade. I met some great guys and awesome turkey call makers. It works out alot better for us callmakers to trade than to pull out some greenbacks. I am always looking to trade. I would recommend these box calls to anyone looking for a long box or cost style call. Bob Fulcher, Jeff McKamey and Shannon Reese are 3 outstanding fellas. Also not shown in this pic was Tim Bullock of no Bull custom calls. He also makes a great call that I had already bought and he bought one of my tubes. Here is a few pics of some of these guys booths and all the calls I brought home from the Convention.

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

savduck

Dang Joe, you cleaned up. Some guys got some good trumpets. noticed a Buice in one of those pictures.
Georgia Boy

NCBigShot

Quote from: savduck on February 13, 2012, 07:49:31 PM
Dang Joe, you cleaned up. Some guys got some good trumpets. noticed a Buice in one of those pictures.

..He sure did!.. But you had me lookin' hard for the Buice call, Del... I see a Slaton and a Battey Wildtalker.
When the Dogwood is white, the time is right...

drenalinld

Joe was kind enough to let me fondle some of his trades. He got some great stuff! I spent a lot of time at those two booths pictured. Jeff and Bob are on my hit list for long boxes soon.

savduck

Dang, you are right. I went back and looked at it. Man those windtalkers look like Buices. I didnt see where it changes the barrell after the mouth piece the first time i looked at it.
Georgia Boy

Basser69

I would have to take out a second mortgage on the house if I went! Nice scores!  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Turkey Trot

I see the Dad's you were talking about in the other thread.  It looks good, and that turkey foot on the medallion mark of his makes his calls stand out.

I know and like Russell Beard.  I played with one of his scratch boxes in Perry, GA the weekend before the Nashville show.  How did you come into his box? 
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

CallMaker

You definitely got some nice calls....of course you make some nice calls as well!
Steven

turkey slayer

Quote from: Basser69 on February 13, 2012, 09:27:06 PM
I would have to take out a second mortgage on the house if I went! Nice scores!  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: same here! probably a good thing I couldn't make it!

TRKYHTR

Quote from: Turkey Trot on February 15, 2012, 02:55:06 PM
I see the Dad's you were talking about in the other thread.  It looks good, and that turkey foot on the medallion mark of his makes his calls stand out.

I know and like Russell Beard.  I played with one of his scratch boxes in Perry, GA the weekend before the Nashville show.  How did you come into his box? 

He had a booth at the convention.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

Turkey Trot

Quote from: TRKYHTR on February 15, 2012, 05:18:00 PMHe had a booth at the convention.

Yes, he is typically there. I was just curious whether you traded for it or whether you were so impressed with it that you just had to buy it.

Russell made that little box flat out sing.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

TRKYHTR

I bought it. He had too many turkey calls already.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins