turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Trumpets from Osage fence posts on my farm

Started by Alabama556, February 03, 2024, 06:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alabama556

If you dig up the post and it is heavy as hell that's a good start. Be careful cutting the wood. It is so hard it almost got ripped out of my hand because I had a dull blade on my radial arm saw. Sawdust will be beautiful orange/yellow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alabama556

Here the latest one I have gotten. Tim Bullock made this for me using a piece that had some dark spots in the wood from being near the ground.

Still waiting on a few more.

Easy playing trumpet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

War Nock

Some beautiful calls and a true history to pass on. Absolutely love this idea !!

hpo

Shoot'em in the Face!

Alabama556

A fine one from a old post that Greg Gwaltney built for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alabama556

mountainhunter1

Osage is just a winner. Those are very nice, and we hope you get a ton of enjoyment out of them going forward. Thanks for sharing with us.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

KYTurkey07

Nice! Ossage is such a beautiful wood and makes for a killer trumpet.

Alabama556

I think it is cool to have some calls made out of fence post my great uncle and probably his neighbors put in the ground 60 years ago at least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoder409

Quote from: Alabama556 on May 27, 2024, 08:59:50 AMI think it is cool to have some calls made out of fence post my great uncle and probably his neighbors put in the ground 60 years ago at least

That's a priceless call !!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.