OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New here and a question.......

Started by Scottyb, February 13, 2011, 09:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scottyb

Hi I like this site... I feel like there are a lot of good hunters around here..

therefore I am asking this, not for advice, but to get some other guys opinions...

here goes..

a guy on another local mesage board said that the best place to set up or look for gobblers in the spring is near nesting sites because that is where the gobblers will be roosting....  this same guy also went on to say that gobblers perfer more dense, thick woods than big open hardwoods.....

Ok how many of you have heard these two theories?

I am curious because he is the first person I have ever heard say this......
Mossy Oak Pro Staff...

knightrider

there is a reason he is the first one youve heard say this :TooFunny:

dodger

I bet he's been sippin on the firewater tooo...

:agreed:

Crutch

:agreed:  He is the only one you will ever hear say that.

Usually, imho, they are all bunched up right now. If they spread out (and always do) and look for nesting sites, his theory is crazy..
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

Gobble!

he's right
i talked to him earlier and he told me to go spot lighting because they like to feed at night also

Shotgun

turkey slayer

Quote from: Gobble! on February 13, 2011, 09:31:51 PM
he's right
i talked to him earlier and he told me to go spot lighting because they like to feed at night also
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

northms

This guy might have been tongue in cheek writing that, or just doesn't know what he's talking about.  But I've never heard that haha. ;D

Welcome.  :welcomeOG:

HogBiologist

Ask him if he uses the Squeelin hen and Gobble water energy drink. 
Certified Wildlife Biologist

paladin

He ain't wanting you to do well. He either don't know or is seriously yanking your chain.
I suspect the second.
"have gun-will travel"

PANYHunter

I've never heard that and I've heard some doozies.  Oh yeah :welcomeOG:

Skeeterbait

Does he even turkey hunt?  Sounds like a deer hunter who only knows what he sees turkeys doing in the fall and winter.  They have totally different habits in the spring.

Scottyb

Thank god.. I was beginning to think I was crazy..lol

This guy thinks he is the greatest turkey hunter in this country. He has only hunted one state, and only in one very small area of the state.lol  

He has made statements like he has mastered turkey calling, then puts up videos and if you heard it, you would feel the same way that I do.. that the only thing he has mastered is baiting......

I swear he was not kidding either, I wish he was, but he wasnt...  

hey have you guys ever read any other funny BS like this on other sites?
Mossy Oak Pro Staff...

Shotgun

I started to comment and then choose not to

boggszilla