OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

tight wad

Started by mccuha, April 30, 2014, 08:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mccuha

I'm new to this forum. I posted a question about a tightwad choke earlier. I'm reposting this question in a different way. Should I be concerned about the choke not shooting the same after a fair no. of shots. I have shot alot of after market chokes and have never had anyone tell me this.

Dtrkyman

Have you cleaned the barrel?  And what is different, and how drastic?

nickhrp

Has the pattern changed after let's say you shoot it today then tomorrow or is it repeated shots in one setting are you shooting from the same lot of ammo

God Bless the Outdoors

Canteathorns

I've had the same problem . One day it puts 160 n 10 the next 200 . Also he pattern seems to shift by 4"left to right . I'm going to try to clean the barrel real good and put a scope on mine to keep everything from shifting .

mccuha

I haven't had a problem with it. I have only shot about 10 rounds through it. I was told by a custom choke tube maker that it wouldn't stand up to shooting alot of this heavier shot. He said it wasn't made out of very strong stuff. I like how mine shoots. It maybe a ploy to sell me a choke. I don't  know. I just see alot of people shooting it and wanted to see if anyone noticed any problems after 25-30 rounds.

surehuntsalot

Quote from: mccuha on May 02, 2014, 05:18:02 PM
I haven't had a problem with it. I have only shot about 10 rounds through it. I was told by a custom choke tube maker that it wouldn't stand up to shooting alot of this heavier shot. He said it wasn't made out of very strong stuff. I like how mine shoots. It maybe a ploy to sell me a choke. I don't  know. I just see alot of people shooting it and wanted to see if anyone noticed any problems after 25-30 rounds.

This person is feeding you a line of BS,he has no clue to what he is talking about.
it's not the harvest,it's the chase