OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Benelli M1 Super 90- what should I do?

Started by TheSportsman, August 17, 2013, 07:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSportsman

Guys I have a Benelli M1 Super 90, Left Hand, with a 28" barrel.  Gun has less than 100 rounds through it.  I am toying with the idea of buying a 24" barrel from Midwest Gun works, and trying to set it up for turkey hunting.  The 28" barrel just is too long for my liking in the turkey woods.  But man alive the barrels for these things are high, 400 bucks!  Anyways, I am trying to decide what to do, buy a barrel, choke, etc.  Historically, how do the M1s pattern??????  Im hoping it might be worth the money?  I just don't know if itd be worth it.  My Browning Gold NWTF is dead on the money and throws one mean pattern....  Hmm... Decisions decisions...

Stick with the Browning if it patterns well,use the Benelli for dove,sporting clay,etc

R AJ

Quote from: 29810434 on August 17, 2013, 08:34:08 PM
Stick with the Browning if it patterns well,use the Benelli for dove,sporting clay,etc

Good advice.
I have found myself buying various guns and making them into turkey guns but ask myself why?
Now trying to sell some of these is becoming pretty hard to do. They are all capable of killing turkeys so it becomes a decision on practicality and application. Look out Gun Broker in the near future.