OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anyone try A400 IC Hevi-13 3.5 7's?

Started by kylefish, May 07, 2013, 08:23:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kylefish

Looking to see if any has had success with Beretta A400, Indian Choke, Hevi-13 3.5" 7's

forcercon1

I have not, but have had great results with a Pattern Master Choke and SumToy.

I am getting a great even / dense pattern with both 6's and 5's with the Pattern Master. The 6's were in the low 230's and the 5's were between 195-203.

kylefish

Just reading the websites, both the pattern master and the indian creek chokes seem to have similar "wad stripping" technology.  The differences i noted were PM has .665 and IC has .670.  I don't have anywhere to easily pattern....that's why I'm asking around.

forcercon1

I shoot a IC in my Maxus with good results, but have only tried the other 2 chokes (Pattern Master & SumToy) in my A400Xtreme.

kylefish

Read some other posts that reference folks having success with 7's...we'll see next season.

forcercon1

Some people have had good luck with them. My most consistent / dense / even patterns have come from the 6's with the gun / choke combos I currently have.

Versa Max with Sumtoy Choke
A400 Xtreme with Pattern Master & Sumtoy chokes
Maxus with ICC
SBE 1 & 2 with Jelly Head
Xtrema 2 with a Hevi-shot choke

allaboutshooting

Quote from: kylefish on May 07, 2013, 08:23:09 AM
Looking to see if any has had success with Beretta A400, Indian Choke, Hevi-13 3.5" 7's

JEB's has picked up a lot of fans for that gun among my readers with the Hevi-13 shells both #6 and #7 shot. Many have a preference for the 3" shells over the 3.5" shells however.

I hope that helps some.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."