turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anyone use the HiViz TriViz?

Started by Chew, March 18, 2013, 09:18:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chew

The gun I'd like to use this year is shooting high and right.  It's a browning auto 5 that has a Miroku Invector barrel on it.  I'd like a removabel rear sight that is adjustable for windage and elevation.

The HiViz TriViz looks like a good idea, just wondering if anyone has any experience with it or any other adjusable (non permanant) sights?
Thanks!

BrowningGuy88

Ran them for years on my 870 20 gauge and they work. I would not hesitate to put them on another gun.

I think I am going to try the dead ringer sights next though:

http://deadringerhunting.com/dead-ringer-killer-combo.html

Chew

Quote from: Daman on March 18, 2013, 09:45:50 AM
Ran them for years on my 870 20 gauge and they work. I would not hesitate to put them on another gun.

I think I am going to try the dead ringer sights next though:

http://deadringerhunting.com/dead-ringer-killer-combo.html

Dang.  I hadn't seen the dead ringer stuff.  That looks like a lot higher quality, being all solid machined stuff.

That looks like the ticket.  I couldn't find any instructions or a video on how to adjust windage and elevation.  Any idea how that is done?

BrowningGuy88

I don't have any of the Dead Ringer sights yet, so I have no idea how they adjust.

I believe it would come with instructions.

lowoctane

I use them and they're easy to set. Windage just move a little on the vent and forward or backward on the vent for elevation. They're great!
Dead Ringers that is.
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Gooserbat

I used one for years and never had any issues with it.  The concept worked fine.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Chew

Quote from: lowoctane on March 20, 2013, 10:22:01 AM
I use them and they're easy to set. Windage just move a little on the vent and forward or backward on the vent for elevation. They're great!
Dead Ringers that is.

Thanks for the info!  I think I'll go with the Dead Ringer.

Anyone know if it will fit and old Auto 5?  They look sort of universal, so I assume it will.

Chew

I just ordered the Dead Ringer Beard buster.  Ready to get this old thing dialed in!

nickhrp

I used them on my benelli for 3 years and was really satisfied as far as windage there is no adjustment it aligns with the vent rib but has different size front sight inserts for elevation it's all plastic but worked well for me
God Bless the Outdoors

Chew

Quote from: nickhrp on March 21, 2013, 01:29:13 PM
I used them on my benelli for 3 years and was really satisfied as far as windage there is no adjustment it aligns with the vent rib but has different size front sight inserts for elevation it's all plastic but worked well for me

Yeah, I ended up going with the Dead Ringer Beard Buster.  I believe they're all aluminum.  It looks like it has oval shaped holes in the top that allow it to slide from side to side for windage.

dawgfrombama

I have them on my browning BPS.  Never had a problem. 

lowoctane

Quote from: Chew on March 21, 2013, 02:20:09 PM
Quote from: nickhrp on March 21, 2013, 01:29:13 PM

Yeah, I ended up going with the Dead Ringer Beard Buster.  I believe they're all aluminum.  It looks like it has oval shaped holes in the top that allow it to slide from side to side for windage.

Yep. Have a little adjustment. Real simple and effective! Aluminum with fiber optics.  :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life